Localizations - New way to contribute

This is not a problem. Keep those tabs enabled. Manager will cherry-pick from localizations only relevant data. For example, feel free to create test transactions and other test data to demonstrate how custom fields are used or that report transformations and extensions are working.

I found out it won’t work. Too high barrier of entry. A lot of users are keen to work on this but understanding Git workflow and JSON diffs is too much to ask. Also, it’s important we all work in real-time. If you work on report transformation and something is not right, I can have look into the same database you are working with. Much easier to reproduce issues as we should see the same thing.

Eventually, I will branch United States per state. So it will be possible to create United States (California), United States (Oregon) etc.

This new method has it too. There is approval model baked in. I will review daily all the changes and either accept or decline.

It’s this but also helping themselves. Fixing / improving report transformation in localization will benefit all users who have the given country set under Business Details. For example, if there is an improvement to Single Touch Payroll Worksheet in Australia, the improvement will be rolled out to everyone with Australia set as their country in their business.

2 Likes