Learn How to... Guides not working

In Manager, you can click learn how to and then click on the guide. However, I have tried three or four and every one comes up with 404 Page not found!

It might be because my Manager was last updated in July, but thats that long ago. I am using Firefox as browser, Windows 7 as OS

Any ideas?

Also which guides should we be using

https://forum.manager.io/c/guides
or
https://www.manager.io/guides/

I think the guides in the black menu is the old one isnt it?

Update your software. So many things have changed since July the Guides you chose could well be out of date and their links invalid. I don’t recall exactly when the change occurred, but current Learn How to… links are picked up when you update. Let us know if updating does not cure that problem.

As for the versions of the Guides, the first one is, of course, a category in the forum. This is where Guides are written. But their formatting their is really designed for conversion to the forms viewed in the web link. Content is the same.

Interesting. I have updated and they now seem to be working. Not sure why July’s version would not be working as three months is not a long time in terms of software versions. Yes I know that the program gets updated quite a lot, but I had assumed that the guides would be in the same place.

Maybe, instead of having the links added to the program rendering them obsolete when guides are moved or changed, perhaps the program could rather dynamically input guides under categories, for example under banking in the program, any guides under the banking category in guides would be automatically input. This would permanently prevent this problem number one and number two it would negate the need to constantly update the links to guides in the program. I would suggest putting that into the Ideas category.

During the particular interval you mentioned, much about the Guide schema changed. Some of that apparently caused the link obsolescence you observed. Your assumption that Guides would all be in the same place was wrong, because the tagging structure was revised. This won’t normally be an issue, so no need to put it into the Ideas category.

Out of curiosity, do you recall which Guides you checked?

Inventory Profit Margin Report - tried to access that guide - it failed

But every single one that I have tried failed. Like the links on the summary page for example.

Actually a good reason to change the way the guides are linked in the program right now would be to program Manager to find the guides rather than statically linking them. Statically linking them requires time, which means everytime you update the guides you have to update the program links. Why do that manually if you can get the program to do that automatically.

There is not now and never has been such a Guide. So you must be remembering something else. Were you perhaps trying to access a Guide listed while editing or viewing an Inventory Profit Margin report? Several in that group were changed. Some did not even exist in July.

That is not how things work. The entire process is automatic.

As its now working because I updated the program, its not an issue for me, but something that I think that should be looked into as other people don’t update every month, so would be good to avoid that issue from occuring again,

That’s the point I’ve been trying to convey. It won’t happen again because of the restructuring. Maybe I didn’t express myself well.

By the way, the Guide you were trying to access was a generic Guide about Reports, not a specific link to a Guide about Inventory Profit Margin.

And this is the link to it: Create reports | Manager

Learn how to guides not working and causing Manage Desktop to crash. I’ve just downloaded latest software 18.1.71 and still happening.
Using Mac OS 10.13.3 and Chrome browser.

The problem is not with Manager. I am using the exact versions of macOS and Manager you listed, and the Learn how to… function works properly with both Safari and Firefox browsers.

There have been some complaints from Chrome users in the past about various problems that were reported to disappear when using other browsers.