Invoice Template Optimization in Manager.io

I am currently using Manager.io for my accounting and now billing needs, and while it’s been a valuable tool, I’ve encountered a couple of challenges with the default invoice template that I’m hoping to address.

1. Space Utilization in Invoice Template: The default invoice template occupies a significant amount of space on an invoice paper. This inefficiency leads to a less than optimal utilization of space and could potentially be improved with a redesigned template.
  2. Handling Large Number of SKUs: Occasionally, I have invoices with over 50 SKUs. In such instances, the invoice keeps printing continuously without signaling the need for a second page. Additionally, crucial elements such as the header are omitted from subsequent pages.

I believe that the most effective solution for both issues is a redesign of the template. However, I am seeking guidance on how to approach this effectively within the platform.

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Prem

Somewhat agree with this. Most specifically dates and other fields, label and text of the field are not in one line and lots of space is wasted between customer info and these fields. For Custom fields you can solve this by using merge tags in footer and adjust them according to your need.

There is no need for any signal. you can see that in print view.
Further you can adjust scaling and margins in print view if you want to save some space.

Expecting the default template to handle dynamic columns, dynamic rows, dynamic custom fields, is very complicated. What’s more, if you have to follow the wishes of different users.

Apart from that, developers also have to ensure that the themes are compatible with other features, such as making them compatible with email clients with different characters, with batchview, with the Internal PDF Generator and others.

Luckily, Custom Themes can still be used to get the results the user wants, even though the user has to do it themselves. Default Custom Themes can be a reference to get you started.

look at thead and tfoot

1 Like