I spent two hours on this and you found the cause in 2 minutes! Holy crap you are brilliant! I did not realise that you were not supposed to issue credit against paid invoice. I thought that you were supposed to issue credit against the invoice that sold the item - hence the confusion. I am not sure how best you can make people aware of which invoice to credit against or whether they should credit a specific sales invoice anway.
Can you keep my accounting file for a day or two as I am going to be making a new post topic and confirming/querying that I have got everything correct as far as workflow goes! For example I am going to be changing the accounts to use the suppliers invoice number in ref field and not my invoice number because that way the program will display the suppliers invoice in the remittance advice. I want to start off the new tax year in April with the accounts 100% correct in terms of how I am using the program and get rid of all these little anomalies, like this issue and not seeing the code in purchase orders because I was using the code field for names etc!
I am going to be doing a post in about 30 minutes, but I need a break from the PC. Thanks
PS - what do you think of my sub accounts grouping for the summary page. That has really helped make the summary page work for me a lot better. When sub account headings get totals showing on summary page like profit and loss statement, the summary page will be back to its usual brilliance.