Inventory set up

I am trying to set up my inventory. I created the chart of accounts with specific inventory (finished goods and raw materials) stating $ amounts. Where do I enter the staring quantity? If I create a new inventory item it then goes to inventor on hand. How can I get the quantity to go the account?

You need to follow the guides at Manage inventory - Part 1 Introduction | Manager

I have. I am obviously missing something. I do not get the same screen on the inventory set up…I don’t get the boxes under the opening balance: track quantity to receive, track quantity to deliver.
How do I get the opening quantity to go to my raw materials accounts…for example cotton fabric. The quanties go to inventory on hand so my inventory is over stated

I figured out how to get the two boxes. but that is it so far

The guide I linked to explains:

The three parts of this Guide do not furnish detailed, step-by-step instructions for enabling functional tabs, completing transaction forms, or generating reports. Those can be found in other Guides, to which hyperlinks are provided.

So if you scroll down to Inventory at

https://www.manager.io/guides/ then you will be able to enable the necessary tabs.

Did you create your new inventory accounts as control accounts? It doesn’t sound like you did. Basically, it sounds like you jumped into the deep end of the pool before learning how to swim. You should start simply and only add custom control accounts as the last step.