I just started running a restaurant commissary now and want to know if Manager.IO is a good app for running inventory management.
- We get around 65 different ingredients/raw materials (RM) from different suppliers to produce 15 finished goods (FG) that we send to 4 different restaurants.
- The RM I account for by using Purchase Invoices.
- Everyday, we use up these RM to produce the FG (we don’t produce on demand, we produce in advance).
- We already have a formula to calculate the Bill of Material (BOM) of each FG. And this is set (at least theoretically).
- I tried to use Production Orders, but this is just too tedious, because it does not calculate the quantities of the BOM automatically.
- I used Inventory Kits, and I know that theoretically it will do the calculations automatically.
a. BUT my problem is I do not have a running quantity of how much we have produced because the FG cannot be seen in the Inventory Items tab.
b. And the only way for me to “produce” the Inventory Kit is if I use Sales Invoice to sell it. I am not selling it yet, I am just producing it for future sales.
Help! Is there an elegant workaround? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!