Inventory Cost

As from yesterday the program decided to take some of our invoices and credit notes and list them under “inventory cost”.
Why would this happen?

Please show edit screen for one of the invoices and credit notes involved?

You will also see that it is fairly “new” invoices as well as “old” ones
Regards.

What account does your inventory sales cost normally go to?

What have you setup in your inventory items?

Every inventory item you have ever sold had its cost transferred from the Inventory on hand asset account (or some other control account you set up for this purpose) to the Inventory - cost expense account when it was sold via a sales invoice or receipt. This is not something the program recently “decided.” This is the cost of goods sold.

The question is not why does this happen, but where were the costs of goods sold going previously? That choice is controlled by you inventory item definitions, specifically by whether you choose to assign the costs to a Custom expense account. The issue looks to be related to your inventory item, Maxi Bricks. So look there.

The print screens that I have uploaded is of my back up from 8/3/21. I do a back up every day.
You will note that on the back up company, which I created to check my problem, there are no inventory costs.
The cost of the goods sold (which is being manufactured by ourselves) is also going to different accounts as set up by myself, for example “Cement”. Never ever did my system post it like this, and I can promise you one thing, I did not work on control accounts in the last month.
, this print screen is a setup of my inventory item.
So, really I am not sure where this problem started.

Yes, there are. They are in the accounts named Cement and Sand, in the group named Cost of sales.

That screen shot, for Maxi Bricks, shows no custom expense account for the item. Therefore, its cost will default to Inventory - cost. And that is exactly what you have shown. If you edit that inventory item and assign it a custom expense account, such as Cement, your issue should ge resolved.

I cannot guess how your definition of the inventory item, Maxi Bricks, changed. But, if its cost of sales did not show in Inventory - cost before but now does, it did change.

Morning,
Wil lyou ever introduce a function where I can export report etc to ms exel?

@Tubatse, please do not divert topics with unrelated questions. Your latest was not about inventory cost. And the feature has been available for years.