Internal Error

I have the latest manager update which was released on the 24/12/2022. I am getting this error, please advise.

Internal Error
Manager 21.10.11
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Manager.Database.OfTypeT in C:\projects\manager\Manager\Database.cs:line 110
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Template.Get() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\Template.cs:line 135
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\HttpHandler.cs:line 96
at ManagerServer.Startup.<>c.<b__1_1>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Startup.cs:line 96
โ€” End of stack trace from previous location โ€”
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)

24/12/2022 is not the latest release, see Release 22.12.29.575 ยท Manager-io/Manager ยท GitHub . You need to use version number and the latest as since the last 3 days of posting this reply is v22.12.29.575.

Your error message refers to a much older release 21.10.11 (11 October 2021) as quoted. You also did not explain what you changed and what you did to get to this error. All this information is important if you ever be successful in getting this sorted.

What edition (Desktop, Server, Cloud)?

What Operating System and version?

What version of Webview?

I am using the latest version of the software. The desktop version is working fine, when opening it through the server. I am getting this error on Windows 10 and on all the browsers (opera, firefox and chrome). It was working perfectly fine as of 2 days ago.

Internal Error
Manager 21.10.11
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Manager.Database.OfTypeT in C:\projects\manager\Manager\Database.cs:line 110
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Template.Get() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\Template.cs:line 135
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\HttpHandlers\HttpHandler.cs:line 96
at ManagerServer.Startup.<>c.<b__1_1>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\manager\ManagerServer\Startup.cs:line 96
โ€” End of stack trace from previous location โ€”
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)

This should be in bugs, but before we do that, could you please provide:

1. A screenshot of the error.
  2. The specific page/URL you are trying to visit (i.e. loggin, businesses, users, any specific tabs, etc)

You are not using the latest version

What Operating system?

You are not helping us help you if you do not answer the questions we ask nor provide the information needed to diagnose your problem

1 Like

@Joe91 thanks for picking that up

Windows 10,

Getting this error even though I have the latest version of manager.io installed.

It is working fine with the desktop application, but when trying to open it via server with the IP 127.0.01:8080 I am getting this error.

Till 2 days ago it was working fine.

I can assure you that 21.10.21 is not the latest version

Windows 10 - what 32-bit, 64-bit, Home, โ€ฆ there are hundreds of Window 10 versions

If you want help, please answer the questions or no one here will help - in fact, I am not going to answer any more of more questions as you seem so confident in that you have done nothing wrong

Windows 10 - 64bit.

Sorry I did not understand you earlier.

I had visiting the website 2 days ago to download the latest version from the releases and then today I came up with this error.

I have uninstalled manager and the server, reinstalled it again. The error is gone now.

If I download new releases from the manager.io website, do I have to also download and update the manager server file as well every time?

yes