Install Manager Accounting from Aur with Arch Linux or Manjaro Linux

Hello, this is my Howto, installing Manager Accounting in Arch Linux or Marnjaro Linux

First you need Yaourt

Yaourt comes pre-installed with Manjaro so you normally won’t have to install it. If you have removed it, this is how you install it again with your terminal.

pacman -S base-devel yaourt

To use Yaourt to upgrade both official repos & AUR (only if new PKGBUILD files are available) use the following command:
yaourt -Syua

To use Yaourt to download and rebuild the latest AUR packages from their source (regardless of PKGBUILD files):

yaourt -Syua --devel

Now you can download Manager Accounting from Aur.

yaourt -S manager-accounting

The last Aur Package is now the Version 16.10.20-1
To Update it to the last Version you may need to edit the pkgbuild file

Yaourt -S manager-accounting

Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
Type y (yes) and nemo to edid

Nemo will be open and show you some files, open the PKGBUILD File.
To know which version is up to date, bookmark this link https://mngr.s3.amazonaws.com/version.txt in your browser, open the link and it will show you the last version.16.11.95 somethink like this.

Now you can change in the PKGBUILD file line 5 pkgver= 16.11.95
Save the file go back in your Terminal.Now it will ask you to

Edit pkgbuild install? type n (no).

Continue building ? [Y/n] y (yes) now it will download the version and install or update it.

Good Work

@hanny Great HowTo! I’ve installed Manager on my Manjaro laptop, but noticed I didn’t get the latest build. It’s reporting v18.5.24, and the latest version on the Manager.io website is v18.5.38. Is there a way to update this, or somehow install the Ubuntu or Fedora package on Manjaro? I’m a bit of a Linux noob, but I also hate Microsoft/Windows, and fell in love with Manjaro after trying it for a few days.

Thanks!

-Dave

Updates occur very frequently. You install them exactly the same way you installed the original version. Do not uninstall anything first. Manager handles that during the installation process.

1 Like

Thanks @Tut

@maudman Type in Terminal: yaourt -S manager-accounting
It will download the newest version. I update with this command mostly once in a week to the newest version.
Do not wonder if you don’t see the update in pamac or octopi. If you have errors, report on the aur webside.

Hello, this is my Howto, installing Manager Accounting in Arch Linux or Marnjaro Linux

First you need Yaourt

Yaourt comes pre-installed with Manjaro so you normally won’t have to install it. If you have removed it, this is how you install it again with your terminal.

pacman -S base-devel yaourt

To use Yaourt to upgrade both official repos & AUR (only if new PKGBUILD files are available) use the following command:
yaourt -Syua

To use Yaourt to download and rebuild the latest AUR packages from their source (regardless of PKGBUILD files):

yaourt -Syua --devel

Now you can download Manager Accounting from Aur.

yaourt -S manager-accounting

The last Aur Package will be download

Update:
Yaourt -S manager-accounting

If you have errors, report on AUR (en) - manager-accounting

good luck

@hanny I’m currently running v18.5.24 of Manager. When I run the command you suggested (yaourt -S manager-accounting), I get this output which doesn’t look right to me. It seems it’s trying to install an older version.

==> Downloading manager-accounting PKGBUILD from AUR…
x .SRCINFO
x .gitignore
x LICENSE
x PKGBUILD
x manager-accounting.install
testbird71 commented on 2018-04-05 12:57

jgmdev commented on 2018-04-05 14:16

yotux commented on 2018-04-08 15:56

jgmdev commented on 2018-04-09 16:12

testbird71 commented on 2018-04-11 16:01

manager-accounting 18.4.1-1 (2018-04-05 13:44)
( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] (“A” to abort)

oh sorry I have read the post until today.
The output is right. My is in German but the steps are the same.

manager-accounting 18.5.45-1 (2018-06-12 14:48)
(Nicht unterstütztes Paket: Potenziell gefährlich!)
==> PKGBUILD bearbeiten? [J/n] („A“ zum Abbrechen)
==> ----------------------------------------------
==> n

==> Von manager-accounting benötigt:

• mono (bereits installiert)
  • gtk-sharp-3 (bereits installiert)
  • unzip (bereits installiert) [makedepend]
  • wget (bereits installiert) [makedepend]

==> manager-accounting.install bearbeiten? [J/n] („A“ zum Abbrechen)
==> ----------------------------------------------------------------
==> n

==> Mit dem Erstellen von manager-accounting fortfahren?[J/n]
==> ---------------------------------------------------------
==> j

Next, it will be downloading and run the commands from the pkgbuild.

Finally, the finished package is placed in / var / cache / pacman / pkg /.
Namcap checked again what you confirm with " j ", your password is also usually still required and ready.

if you go in the graphical interface of the package manager in the settings and there the “AUR” turn on, it may also be that the update is displayed there, but that is sometimes not so, so better from time to time in the terminal check.

Notice: The aur-helper yaourt is discontinued.

You can enable the aur repository in pacman settings, or install a new aur helper, like yay. Here is the link you can see new activ aur helper.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers
I test yay for this moment. its a little bit different to yaourt but its work fine.

There is a error to build the package from aur. It seems the url from source is changed.
I have informed the maintainer and hope he can fix it in the next time.

To get the latest version, ignore what Yaourt displays for Manager, just install it. I always get the latest version.

i don´t think that you cant install it from pamac or octopi, because the downloadserver from manager-accounting has changed to https://d2ap5zrlkavzl7.cloudfront.net/18.11.66/manager-accounting.zip

If you use yay or trizen edit the pkgbuild and change the url.