India's New GST Invoice Format

Mathematical operations are supported but let’s see if we can solve this issue without going to custom templates. I want custom templates to be about presentation, not about dealing with legal requirements.

So if I’d add in-built tax codes, the way I understand this I will need to add:

• CGST+SGST 5%
  • CGST+SGST 12%
  • CGST+SGST 18%
  • CGST+SGST 28%
  • IGST 5%
  • IGST 12%
  • IGST 18%
  • IGST 28%

That’s 8 possible tax codes. Did I miss anything?

The reason we need to nail down in-built tax codes first is that then Manager can be smarter how these tax codes should be presented on printed documents.

The above taxes can be set as default.

Even though CGST + SGST = 5%, both have to be shown separately in the invoice. Also, it has not been finalized how much share of the total 5% goes under SGST and CGST. This is the reason i did not suggest adding these as a default tax code yet. If there is provision where the user can edit this tax percentage of sub categories CGST and SGST then you can add the following multiple tax codes too.

GST 5% = CGST + SGST
GST 12% = CGST + SGST
GST 18% = CGST + SGST
GST 28% = CGST + SGST

2 Likes

Percentages will need to be hard-coded if they are in-built tax codes.

• GST 5%
  • GST 12%
  • GST 18%
  • GST 28%
  • IGST 5%
  • IGST 12%
  • IGST 18%
  • IGST 28%

So these tax codes will need to be hard-coded, correct?

Yes. We can proceed with hard-coded IGST rates.
I am still not sure about the GST rates though. I mean the percentage share between CGST and SGST. Its depends on the annual turnover of a company.

How are you implementing the tax rates for GST? Both CGST and SGST equal share?

2 Likes

@lubos

The government notification dated 28th June confirms the following tax rates. You can hard-code them as below.

GST 0% - NIL Tax

GST 0.25% (where CGST 0.125% + SGST 0.125%)
GST 3% (where CGST 1.5% + SGST 1.5%)
GST 5% (where CGST 2.5% + SGST 2.5%)
GST 12% (where CGST 6% + SGST 6%)
GST 18% (where CGST 9% + SGST 9%)
GST 28% (where CGST 14% + SGST 14%)

IGST 0.25%
IGST 3%
IGST 5%
IGST 12%
IGST 18%
IGST 28%

2 Likes

@lubos, this discussion raises again the subject I broached more than a year ago: the need for more flexibility and better reporting for multi-component taxes, especially because components may:

• Be paid to different authorities
  • Change rates at different times
  • Be remitted on different schedules
  • Be applied in unique ways to different categories of goods and services
3 Likes

Hi @sharpdrivetek, I have used your custom template for invoice but getting the following error in Rupees in words
“INR Liquid error: Object of type ‘System.Decimal’ cannot be converted to type ‘System.String’. Only”.
Any suggestions?

Update

Please add the codes for UTGST also.

Download and install the latest version of Manager before using the template.

What’s UTGST?

Its Exactly Half … If GST 12% and within state sale then CGST at 6% and SGST at 6% so total GST is 12%.
Its Confirm News.

We have tax for centre, state and union territories.

CGST for centre
SGST for states
UTGST for union territories.

I am not sure how that tax is calculated. Whether its CGST + UTGST or just UTGST.
@nitinraheja please clarify.

There was discussion with respect to the annual turnover of a company that the state will have 90% and centre will have 10% of the total tax. So I was not sure. In the notification received yesterday from govt they have provided the CGST rates, so the SGST rates would be the remaining. As of now its 50-50.

Apart from the above tax rates please add the following too.

UTGST 0.25% (where CGST 0.125% + UTGST 0.125%)
UTGST 3% (where CGST 1.5% + UTGST 1.5%)
UTGST 5% (where CGST 2.5% + UTGST 2.5%)
UTGST 12% (where CGST 6% + UTGST 6%)
UTGST 18% (where CGST 9% + UTGST 9%)
UTGST 28% (where CGST 14% + UTGST 14%)

2 Likes

you are very patient and great, indian tax system is very complicated, the people who created this module are themselves confused at the moment, 36 hrs left to implement the new tax system. not a single person in entire india has 100% knowledge of tax system. i dont know what this Government is doing. how a common person will know what to do. if tax masters fail to understand the system.

Union Territory GST… = UTGST

@lubos please do not confuse in CGST, SGST and IGST… or UTGST…

GST hase 4 Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%.

1. So You can add this four slabs in Manager… If Sales to other state or Union Territory then only IGST // UTGST will be implemented…

2. And If Sales within State then this GST Divided into two equal Parts… If GST is 12% then within State sales CGST 6% + SGST 6%.

So You can provide option for Within State sales or Other State Sale… By this its decided which GST will be implemented. Hope Its help and you understand this.:slightly_smiling_face:

There are so many Experts, and most of the people understand the this, But not have all knowledge Because Manufacturer or Seller, dose not have complete knowledge, the CA and tax consultants have complete knowledge of GST.

And sorry Friends for this Not Relevant typing in this topic. I want to be stick as per the name… GST Invoice format … and how we can implement this in Manager… that is the only Focus…

As one of the CA explain it to you.
I’ll summarize it again.

Any template from the Government issued is just a guideline, what important are the

1. Business details.
  2. GST,VAT etc registration Numbers.
  3. Customer Name/billing/delivery addresses
  4. Details of Services/Products - [Inventory Item can be headed with HSN in Manager]
  5. GST, Vat etc calculations
  6. Total Invoice payable

As far I can see Manager can handle of it.
@anoopchintu explained it all India's New GST Invoice Format - #43 by anoopchintu
GST & IGST needs to be added India's New GST Invoice Format - #87 by sharpdrivetek

2 Likes

i dont mean to offend any one, but if there was any solid information or fool proof plan then last min changes would have not been there. every minute they are making changes. last night they make changes. on certain things they are still not clear, how u can say the CA and tax consultants have complete knowledge of GST. https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-yOW23eLUAhXDPo8KHeF5CNUQFggwMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Findia-business%2Fgst-protest-70000-tax-officers-to-wear-black-bands-to-work-tomorrow%2Farticleshow%2F56854254.cms&usg=AFQjCNHaDk2gkitejCbVQpVu5vclFkCjSQ please go through the link and sorry for posting this one.

Yes as you said, Its on Annual Turn over… Not on GST tax system…

And As per my opinion… Government itself can calculate that its CGST, SGST or IGST or UTGST… And Divide that %Parts as per their Understanding by software.
Its Completely Useless to calculated by the Seller in Every Invoice. By GST Number Government know that this sales is within State or other state or UT… so by that they can divide % as per their understanding… And its easy for Government…

But Bad thing is … For Now It will be calculate by our self … and write it on each and every Invoice.

Our CA make 5 to 6 Conference and conversations with all of his Clients … and they teaching to us how to deals with GST… what is Going to be happen… and he know all the things which we ask… If your CA is good… he know all the things of GST I do not have all knowledge, Because I am manufacturer, and just gain required knowledge for us, which is relevant or required for us.