I can not seem to get these to batch update

I have done bank rules and the rest seemed to batch up date but these what have I done wrong it has to be something to do with the GST Payable account because its only the ones going there that wont update
bank statement

rules

GST Account

GST payable in account

@Wornout, I don’t know the answer to your problem. But I have a suspicion. I see from your chart of accounts that your GST payable account is actually a renamed version of a default, Tax payable account. That Tax payable account has shown up in some other mysterious behavior of the program.

I don’t know why it is there. Supposedly, when tax liability accounts were changed to ordinary accounts, there was no longer a need for a built-in Tax payable account. But, if you define no tax liability accounts at all, there it is. It could be necessary for some technical reason to avoid errors with tax transactions or tax code definitions. But I know of no reason you should be using it. It will not, for example, work with any localizations.

I would try reverting that account to its default name. That alone could fix the problem (after redefining the payment rule). If not, create a separate tax liability account to which you allocate your tax codes. And then redefine your payment rule. See if that fixes things. (You could do this without reassigning tax codes as an experiment.) It’s probably best if you try this in a test business before doing it in any real business.

I also think @lubos should join this discussion to explain why that Tax payable account is in the program.

Thank Tut. What I did in the end was made another account called GST Paid in same place and the 2 cancel each other out almost except what he owed as at 31 march

actually I can not post anything to any of my clients tax payable accounts
has to be something I am doing wrong because I used to be able

Can’t post how? What are you trying to do?

Well when some one pays or gets a refund their tax I post it to tax payable.But I can not seem to do that any more. Yes I can make another account and they will contra each other out and thats fine I was just surprized by not being able to

You need to illustrate this with screen shots. You can definitely post receipts or payments to tax liability accounts.