How would you compare manager to other paid accounting software?

I use Linux Ubuntu and Manager work without any problems. I know some say to not use
SCC3 in the invoice code I use SCC3 in the code and then can move any stuff and change any as I like. So with CSS3 I reposition the company logo with “margin-top: 50px;”

1 Like

@Tut, Did you sort out your padding issue?
With the new template themes, I added padding to the main table… (you could adjust just the top though).
<table style="padding: 30px">

Yeah, I figured it out. In fact, I created two custom themes. One I use for screen viewing and creating PDFs. The other I use for direct printing. It turns out there is some interaction between operating system and printer that imposes a different workable/printable area. I assume that must be related to the printer’s limitations on printing near the edge. At any rate, a little experimentation revealed what the margin differences are.

1 Like

Just to get get back on topic, Manager versus paid software. Two big steps in my view that Manager will or may need to accomplish to align with similar paid versions of accounting software would be the ability to integrate with the IRD for Tax purposes and the synchronization with Bank Accounts. These are both big tasks and possibly quite difficult given the various institutions to accommodate but the reality is paid accounting software is doing this.

1 Like

Manager is doing most of the things an accounting app must do for a Small Business. So I think it doing great.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I do not believe people would entrust their businesses to Manager processing if it did not do accounting properly. However it is worthwhile to look at what other apps are doing for comparison purposes, this is fundamental to choice and staying current. Hence the topic.

nail it~~~ The very fact I like Manager is something that paid accounting software (that I know of in windows OS) Might not have. Web base app with able to backup into gui file .manager + freebies (manager server) + modular type + support from moderator like @Tut & @Brucanna with accounting advise related to Manager usage + not yet in maturity phase (more future customize able features upon user request) and desktop app is free.

Although there is a hiccup in terms of (installation package not included .net framework + IE as per required) + no version of separate downloads between early release & stable release for which tested OS version and app version of .net framework and IE. Fortunately enough, lubos + tut + brucanna is very quick in responding the issues.

Noted that my computer can’t use windows update into recent version due to crash after updated which I have to restore back to what I called it operable state. < this event wasted a day of my lifetime.

Software I did used before = MYOB, Sage Peachtree, Quickbooks, GNUCASH, TurboCash, KDE, and one of Our Local made software SPS (Salihin Premier Solution)

In terms of foreign currency, Manager is a lot informative than QB.
in manager you can get track the actual in and out of the forex, while in QB you can not. QB will only show ending balance of the forex. you cant even export them

1 Like

Manager.io is not for only @lubos that is why the desktop is free. He has built this software over the years with us the users. Manager.io is the only thing in my life for which my contribution will help people across the globe. I have made feature suggestions, reported bugs and made recommendations to people to use and more. This community is not just a community to discuss manager.io problems, I have actually learnt so much on this forum. I wouldn’t be as good as I’m in my career if I had not found Manager.io randomly in my school hall when me and my friends were just searching the web to find an accounting software to simulate account transactions.

This actually the accounting software which is owned by it creators and it users. All of us have built this software, we are all part of it development. Come back next year and you will see the new things this app will have. It only gets better.

2 Likes

MANAGER is one of the best thing I ever had in my life.

I don’t use it.
I play it by the rules.

2 Likes

I have tried most accounting programs but Manger has a very simple philosophy of dealing with accounts so that everyone can work on it even if he does not have experience.

I own an accounting firm and except for not having pos capabilities, Manager.io does everything the job requires. As of yet, I heard no complaint from end users or auditors. It may not be conventional but it certainly works and that’s an advantage.

Manager falls somewhere in the middle between full ERP packages like Dynamics, NetSuite and Odoo on one hand, and budget accounting packages like QuickBooks, Sage 50 and the rest.

However, it’s customizability and API can make it as strong as any ERP.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Manager is simply the best!

Mnager is very simple to use, less costly compare to Quickbooks, FreshBooks or Odoo. Infact, you learn quickly and work on Manager than other ERP that you need several video/webinars before you can personally complete working on them. Manager has no users restrictions and you can invite your Accountant/Bookkeper or your auditor without additional payments unlike other ERP that restricted users to certain no of users. As Manager continue to improve, it will compete favourbly with others.

3 Likes

Simple to use, I like its interface.

1 Like

This is my third year with the manager

I am using the desktop edition (old version 22.1.44) cause my MacBook pro 17" is old and can’t install the last version

but I can say even with the old version of manager I like it soo much and all my work is done on it simply & clear

And the forum is a valuable place to support and assist

Thanks, manager team

1 Like

You could consider dual boot or Parallels and install free Ubuntu Linux (at least version 16.04). Parallels allows you to have both Macosx and Ubuntu active at the same time and you can even easily share files between them. So you then can use latests versions of Manager on an old Macbook Pr 17".

Great feelings to be with techies and accountants from all over the Globe
I have a stomach full feeling since I started with Manager.io cloud and subscribed in late 2020
Since then I have put several suggestions postings and replies all of which were very interesting.
I have used QB,Xero, etc for my bookkeeping business, the learning curve in Manager is fantastic.
I have learned extra things other than accounting with the Manager and especially in the Manager forum
All in all Manager is the Best accounting solution I have come across except for some more small enhancements such as
POS receipts
Some more reports
Inventory level visibility or low inventory warning at invoicing level
Creating new Customers or Vendors in invoicing module
Integration of whatsapp to send receipts
Enable the customer to order via customer portals
Thank You for Forum members

1 Like

Value for money (cloud version) the best proposition in the market by far!
Very good and comprehensive functional coverage for small business or single-owner business.
Great forum support.

1 Like