How do you create a drop down list

Hi all,

I recently started to use Manager. In custom fields under my sales quotes and sales invoices, I have created custom field.
On my Payment Terms I have selected a drop down list as some of our invoices are payable within 24 hours and some only after the service has been done. So I want to be able to choose the payment terms (that is why I created the drop down list) So I have Payment terms; Once Off Terms etc. as the drop down list but I don’t know where do I put the full terms for the drop down list - for instance on payment terms I need to get only the payment terms to draw through on the quotes and with Once off cleanings I want to choose it from a drop down and all the terms must pull through from the custom field.
I feel totally stupid, because I think it must be relatively easy as the rest of the program.
Please help me.

Inside the edit screen of your custom field, you should enter your options under the “Options for drop-down list” field as illustrated below:

Each option should be in a separate line.

if I understand you correctly, you are asking to show the actual payment terms when you select an applicable payment term which you have created as a drop-down list and you do not know where to put the actual terms description.

unless your payment terms are a single line description I do not think this would be possible without a custom theme where a particular data is displayed when you select a payment term.

what you could do is create separate custom fields for each payment term. then use Form Defaults to enter the payment terms description in those custom fields. when creating a document, just delete the contents of custom field which is not applicable. Manager will not display a custom field which do not have any content in them.

Ahhhh yes, that is what I meant.

So in the drop down list you can actually only save the list itself? I thought I would be able to draw the “description through” as the terms.

Thank you so much.

like I said, if each of your terms can be a single paragraph without any line breaks, you can add the terms description as a drop-down list. but once you add a line break, the succeding text will be considered as the next item in the list.

see example below. (i used the text from this topic so please ignore my time-saving creativity :grimacing:)

1 Like

You can also put some <br>s here and there to help format the text.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the help. I got what I wanted on my quotes now.

Really appreciate it!