General Ledger Transaction Report (Suggested Modifications)

Any News for our request ! :crazy_face:

@lubos would you please be kind enough to reply to this “chain” of requests. Is it ever likely to be implemented? If not, is it due to technical difficulties with the development software that you use or is there another reason? From my layman’s viewpoint, having an opening balance; transactions; and closing balance would seem to be a fairly simple thing to implement … especially as other reports in Manager already work that way. Many thanks in advance.

3 Likes

@lubos Yes , let’s do it :muscle:

Any good news close :roll_eyes:

Any update on this?

1 Like

@lubos I (along with others) have raised this issue a number of times. Just like Customer (or Supplier) Statements, a General Ledger report really needs to have Opening Balance; Transactions; and Closing Balance. At the moment in Manager this requires the use of TWO reports (i.e. the detailed G/L and the Summary G/L). If it can’t be developed then so be it, but would someone please be courteous enough at least to respond to this request.

1 Like

@lubos
Please be so kind to let us know whether or not you are considering to implement this idea and when not, why, and when yes please let us know when we can expect it to be implemented. I work with accounting software since 1979 and in all software I worked with, and believe me or not, this is/was always a standard report. So why not implement this in Manager.

Kind regards

Hennie.

2 Likes

Fully supporting this request.

1 Like

I have seen that this topic is under ideas. If it under ideas we can be sure @lubos will come to eventually.

1 Like

I do hope the idea is implemented soon. It would be very useful to me also.

1 Like

i do agree on this, so we can inquire and print only particular account or event. hope @lubos will consider allow the filtering on general ledger transaction.

1 Like

As a new user to the software, would agree that the request is a valid one.
It is a basic requirement and available in all software I have used to date.

1 Like

Yes, I echo the request.

1 Like

I agree. More detailed output is a good thing.

I agree this would be a great report.

The latest version (18.9.60) has improved custom reports which allow to generate general ledger transactions report with more flexibility (including ability to show transactions for specific account only).

1 Like

Excellent work … much appreciated. However, is it possible to have automatic totals inserted for any “value” columns whenever a “Group By” option is chosen? Also, as well as printing and PDF, can there also be an option to export the report to a spreadsheet?

Really thanks @lubos , We are confident your wonderful work

Good Day !

but how i can get report for specific expenses with openening Balance , transaction and closing balance !

Drill down on that expense account balance from the Summary page and export. Adjust the date range either before or after.