General Ledger Transaction Report Request - Urgent

Dear @lubos,

I’m facing a problem with the General Ledger Trasaction report in order to respect the italian law requirements.

Here is what my chartered accountant is saying that this report is missing and so he cannot accept it:

1. the numbers of the pages in the format “page 2 of 45”;
  2. a page break between each account;
  3. the code number of the account near the account name in the title;
  4. a unique id that links all the lines of “journal entry” inserted together with the same entry (which, I think, is the column named “ID” in the custom report “SELECT * FROM GeneralLedgerTransactions”).

Regards

Davide

1 Like

It seems all across Europe account numbers play an important role in reporting.

2 Likes

@lubos any possibility to add this few informations to the report in order to make it compliant with the Italian law?

I’m not even sure whether General Ledger Transactions should be a report in the first place. There are potentially many columns to fit A4 paper and far too many pages to make it practical to print.

I’m more leaning towards it being a spreadsheet you can view in Excel rather than report to be on the paper.

@lubos, @Davide
I agree that the GL transactions report is a very import document from the idea of capturing all the business transactions and identifying their relationships with the GL structure.
Page numbering is important for ensuring continuity of reporting on transactions.
The page break may serve as an opportunity for note making, and the page numbering ensures continuity.
This report could be re-done in excel but it would then fail being an original document and it would lend itself to manipulation.
The unique id should be the transaction identifier raised at the time of transaction creation.

[Unrelated to above] Also code numbers would be easier to manipulate in excel in terms of generating other reports e.g. profit/cost centre or project/job number reports rather than more awkward text (which could house similar account names).
… Just my 2c worth