Forecast P&L

Dear Team Members,

With the Forecast P&L statement you can make a long term budget prediction for the next periode

For each periode (year) your you have the result of that period (year)

Is it possible to have also the Assit (Cash at Bank) in the same table
so to see based on the prediction what would be the Assit (Cash at Bank) in the future
Assit plus result is next periode Assit
To not interfere with the rest of the program the start value could be entererd manualy for example

Your guidance or idea for the future is appriciated

thanks
Huib

1 Like

That is not currently possible. You will notice that some, but not all, balance sheet accounts are available for selection when defining a forecast. But if selected, they do not appear on the resulting report. That suggests the ability to forecast balance sheets may be under development.

Yes balance sheet forecasting would be helpful to work towards future financial positions and estimate assets, liabilities and equity. I would propose that it becomes an idea.

Forecasting balance sheets is a magnitude more difficult than forecasting a P&L

There are many, many more variables at play such as Capital Expenditure, level of customer receivables, changes in inventory levels, receipt and payments of loans to mention just a few

Yes, but it is good practice even for small businesses.

Dear Team Members

Would it be possibe to put my request in ideas for the future?

Thanks and regards
Huib

1 Like

Dear Team Members

As requested before would it be possible to add at the bottom a row for the assit
It can be a number not coneected to the bookings
but to show the nett result
assit at 1 jan
proffit
assit at 31 dec
With this a long term prognose van be made with in the program manager and without copy and past in to excel
Thanks
Huib

If by “assit” you mean “Cash on hand and in the bank” then it would not make sense to add the profit to the opening balance to get the closing balance.

There is no direct relation between cash balance and profit.

Many companies can be profitable but run out of cash and some companies can lose millions and still amass cash

@Joe91: i do not know what additional information you want to add to my request

I would like to have a funtion in the Forecast P&L which shows;

Balance (free text) 1000,00 | 1203,22 | 9354,61 | 10020,95 |etc
Net profit (loss) 203,27 | 8151,39 | 666,34 | etc
Balance (free text) 1203,22 | 9354,61 | 10020,95 | etc

With this you could see a trent in savings / cash at hand
All based on the information entered in to the forecast P&L statement

Thanks in advance
Huib

You are confusing “profit” and “cash”

They are not measuring the same thing. It would be like adding apples and onions

1 Like

as the restult (net profit) is also on the balance sheet and will go to some where in the balance sheet (working capital / provisions / reveneue at bank)

Indeed as in our case the profit will go or to the to provisions (part of the balance sheet) it would be nice to be able to have some of the balance sheet in to the forcast

or

have a line with free text ( provisions / work capital / cash ) above and below the net profit outcome to show where the result (net profit) will go to and what will be the outcome in the prognose in due time
it wil show the provisions (in my case) over the yaers based on the forecast

sorry to be difficult but in my opinion it would be a surplus to the prognose option in the program

rgds
huib

Here you are mistaken, @HuibK. Net profit is on the Profit and Loss Statement, not the balance sheet.

@Tut
in our case we do not make a profit but at 31 dec all (result) will be booked into provisions
as in our case all revenue at the bank are provions

all cash is in Assist
all provisions are in Liabilities
Equity will be “0”

the regulair cost are being paid from the same account as cost and booked as cost
the contribution of the members are booked as income
the expenses are paid from the bank and are deducted from the provision

all plus and minus payments (all income and cost) will result in a net result.

resume: to make a long story short

for me i would appriciate if a calculaton field at the botom of the forecast P&L can be made in acting as a forecast balance sheet showing the following

free text ( provision at 1 Jan xx) xxx
net result yyy
free text (provision at 31 dec xx) zzz

or
be able to make a forcast balans sheet based on the forecast P&L

as the manager is excelent for me i would like to stay far away of using excel sheets as part of the annual reporting
for me as the administrator of our group of Owners (VVE) is is a perfect tool to present the information to other owners

thanks and regards
huib