Fix Asset Module

Did you try setting the date field to something other than today?
Such as prior to your last transaction or end of the financial year.

A period allows for a From and To date as explained by @ibadlon in above post Fix Asset Module - #3 by ibadlon

The investment report only has a To date and the report shows that too:

It’s a balance sheet account

@ibadlon, you still insist on treating Fixed Assets tab as a report but it is not.

The tab isn’t reporting on the financial position of your fixed assets, it’s merely summarizing all the transactions for a given asset.

To view your Fixed Assets as at a specific period of time, you can use the Summary tab or Fixed assets summary report.

1 Like

I have my reasons why I insist this as I have replied to you before.

One employee is given limited access which includes maintaining the fix assets. We know the figures can be taken either in Summary tab or Fixed assets summary report. However, we do not want a particular employee to see the financial position of the company. Fix Assets summary report does not have the option to show other data stored in custom fields.

Note that we use the copy to clipboard and Paste it to a specific report the data from fix asset module as the other columns populated through custom fields are crucial in our report.

@ibadlon, you are asking for a major restructuring of the purpose of individual functional tabs because:

• You have unique desires for a report, which you have not disclosed, that are apparently not satisfied by standard financial reports, such as the Fixed Asset Summary.
  • You have assigned an employee to maintain fixed assets, but do not trust the employee to see the financial position of the company.

Almost every business encounters situations where standard reports do not meet all internal desires. That is why Manager allows copying of data for external manipulation. You are unlikely to see modification of the software to match your specific desires.