Exchange rate - Auto calculated for Outstanding Invoices

Hi, Im currently new using this software. My base currency is MYR and my customer and supplier using USD.

I am currently keying in my audited opening balance as of 31 March 2015 for trade debtor and creditor in USD. I had key in the invoices at cost price and the date of the invoice itself. Exchange rate in the settings also has been updated accordingly as taken from ageing report.

I notice that i unable to get the amount to MYR as per audited balance. This is due to the Invoice is revalued every day which i had key in the exchange rate amount. I use simple example to demonstrate my issue:

1 March 2015 → 1USD = 3.7212MYR
Invoice No.WS112 - USD1,000,000 , RM3,721,200

Another invoice had key in
31 March 2015-> 1USD = 3.7483MYR
Invoice No.WS112 - USD1,000,000 , RM3,748,300

My audited account shows RM3,721,200. However in the software shows RM3,748,300, and resulted gain in forex. There is nothing wrong in this features, it just i prefer the value of MYR stays at historical cost value.

Question:

1. How to disable the auto update invoice value, so it only shows the cost price for MYR?
  2. If it can’t, is there any ways to separates unrealized forex loss/gain with realized forex loss/gain? It is easy for tax purpose.

Thanks

1.) If you don’t want the invoice to be re-evaluated with 3.7483 exchange rate, don’t enter 3.7483 exchange rate.
2.) It’s not currently possible to separate unrealized and realized forex losses/gains but that is coming soon.