Encrypt the Cost of Inventory for restricted user

I would like to know if there is any way to encrypt the cost of inventory. So that the restricted user would not be able to see under the Inventory Items menu. In my screenshot bellow i have not key in my inventory cost becouse i do not want my account clerk to know.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

You can’t hide a column from restricted user but you can hide the whole Inventory Items tab.

Hi Lubos,

thank you for your reply.

1. What I mean not hiding the column, but encrypt the cost let say the cost is $5.00 it will show something like $#@!aK

2. If i hide the whole Inventory Items tab then how do I let my staff to work on Inventory? (e.g Creating new Inventory, Checking Qty and so on).

Thanks

You cannot encrypt or scramble anything in Manager.

I think that it’s a valid request to be able to hide cost prices of Inventory. Some things staff don’t need to know, and if you don’t want the staff to know the cost don’t use Inventory is that the best solution?

2 Likes

Hi Tut,

Thanks for reply.

Perhaps like what itmoto said, can we request this software to have that ability in the setting if we want it to scramble the Inventory cost for restricted user

I believe it can be done.

Thanks

You can request anything you like. But I am a forum moderator, not the developer, and have no control over what features are added or changed.

Hi Lubos,

Can we request the above mentioned setting. ?

Thanks

1 Like

@Ahmad_Khoiron, I will need to look at more generic solution. I think the case can be made in other modules too when it comes to restricting what columns users can see.

Maybe Manager could automatically determine you don’t want restricted users to see the cost if restricted user can’t access purchase invoices, expense claims and cash accounts. But I need to look at all tabs at the same time whether this logic could be applied across whole program.

2 Likes

Great…

Thanks Lubos

For every administrator who doesn’t want users to see this information, there will be others who do. Someone might need the information to put together sales quotes, but not be able to access purchase invoices, etc. So if you add a restriction, it ought to be optional.

1 Like

Hi, May I know if this thread already fixes on a new version?

There was nothing to fix. Some users were suggesting a change. No change has been made, however.