Email template variables not working

Hi @lubos

These don’t seem to be working for me too. I’m using the server edition. It’s not resolving the template.

I’m using {{reference}} in the email and {{recipient.name}} in the body of the email template and no resolution :face_with_diagonal_mouth: .

Since upgrading to 26.6.3630.

Hi everyone,

We’ve been using a custom payslip email template for a while without any issues. Recently, when sending payslips, the template variables in the subject line and message body are no longer being rendered they appear as raw template tags instead of the actual values.
The subject shows the raw template syntax instead of the actual pay run date. The body also shows {{recipient.name}} instead of the employee’s name.

  1. Go to a pay run → select an employee’s payslip → click Email
  2. The email preview shows unrendered template variables in both subject and body

This started happening recently and we haven’t changed the template. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this a known issue after a recent update?

Thanks in advance!

@lubos Is the redering in “Settings > Email Settings > Email Templates > Sales Invoice” still broken? I’ve tried with version 26.5.29.3635

Examples:

  • Subject is showing Invoice | Ref: {{ recipient.code }}-{{ reference }} as plain text while sending out. Lines of text is also showing it as plain text instead of rendered code/HTML:
    "
    {{ recipient.name }}

    dep. administration

    {{ recipient.address | newline_to_br }}

" AND others like: {{ recipient.code }}-{{ reference }}

How can I/we fix this?
Now the email is unreadable and they really need to be sent out.
Please help a.s.a.p.

KR,
Canefield

@lubos / Manager.io,

Any estimated when we can expect a follow-up and/or fix? I really would like to email my invoices.

Cheers,
Canefield

@lubos / Manager.io,

Also not fixed in v26.6.7.3638.

Please a fix a.s.a.p.

Added comments due to restrictions:
Dear @lubos / Manager.io,

I don’t like saying this, but the latest releases have quite a few bugs. Change or new insights regarding architecture and/or security adjustments are certainly necessary in this day and age, but it seems that a comprehensive regression test is missing, causing some functionalities to become unstable, stop working, or simply disappear suddenly (think of the former backup options). This was certainly not the case before.

I use this product in production, so I need to be able to rely on it. If help is needed, please ask.

When can I expect this bug to be fixed? Right now, I cannot send out invoices via Manager.io. Very annoying and unprofessional.

The bug has certainly not been fixed yet.
Example, subject email: “Invoice | Reference: {{ recipient.code }}-{{ reference }} | Due date: {% for field in fields %}{% if field.label == “Due date” %}{{ field.text }}{% endif %}{% endfor %}”

The message itself contains the same raw tags.

Cheers,

Canefield

bugs

Dear Manager.io / @lubos

I feel like my existing ticket (Email template variables not working - bugs - Manager Forum) has been overlooked. That is why I am bringing it to your attention again. Apologies if this is redundant.

Sending emails via the built-in email system is not working properly. I still keep seeing raw text with tags (e.g. tags of html, b, i, body and {{ recipient.code }}-{{ reference }}, {{ recipient.name }}) in my subject and message. This is despite the fact that I am working with the latest release, specifically v26.6.7.3638.

If I add something to my original ticket, I receive a message that it has already been resolved. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I hope this problem/bug can be resolved quickly, as I would like to send out my invoices.

Cheers,
Canefield

I can send emails now, or shall I say the test email, but now I get an error:

Content-Disposition header in FormData part is missing a name

Still no joy in version 26.6.17.3647

@lubos / @eko / @Ealfardan / @Tut / Development, please fix this a.s.a.p. I need to be able to send out invoices.

Echoing the need for a solution to be able to send out “personalised” invoices.

Ditto. At the very least a timeline or workaround to bring the functionality back somehow @lubos It saves time and ensures accuracy when issuing invoices … I’m version locked at 26.5.7.3530 on desktop to keep the feature

Unfortunately this one seems to be falling on deaf ears. We have had to remove all personalization from emails at the moment. This had been a standout feature in manager. Please restore whether liquid or as tags as per in footers. Thanks.

Can someone fix it finally, please?

I’m with ya’ll on this. A little frustrating I updated and put 15 hours of work into a file on the new version before realizing this bug with the liquid code. Anything we can do to expedite a fix for this?

I’m out of ideas … Dear {{ @lubos }} please help

Please find attached request for help with {{ personalisation }} for the amount of {{ stuck_users | strip }}.

The outstanding bug of {{ if_bugfix_due | strip }} is due for fixing {{ due_date | strip }}.

@lubos / @development,

Is there any sign of a fix yet? It is not possible to send an email (invoice) this way. The problem has existed since the Liquid/raw HTML update. Hopefully, there is an update?

Thanks,
Canefield

Hi,
I have updated to the latest Desktop version to fix the “PDF conversion failed” error I was getting for the last few days, however this has now broken my templates in that the emails no longer include the persons name or client code but instead just prints {{recipient.name}} and {{recipient.code}} respectively. {{reference}} does still work and correctly included the invoice number in my emails.

Have these variables changed and if so, what are the the new ones I can use to personalize the invoice emails

Secondly, the PDF invoice attachment is now being generating with a piece of code at the top of the page, presumably from the template, but with the template editor now gone, how do I change this so it is not included in the PDF invoice?

+1 on server edition 26.6.17.3647
Email templates not substituting liquid variables.
I’m having the issue specifically on Sales Invoices, but based on other replies, seems to impact all email templates.

Still no joy in version 26.7.6.3652

@lubos / @eko / @Ealfardan / @Tut / Development, please fix this a.s.a.p. I need to be able to send out invoices.

Please help how to include invoice number on template also? I have same issue

Guys, update to 26.7.6.3652 and give it a go. I just sent one and it has been received.