Data transfer issue from old business to new business

these type purchase and sale invoices make us in difficuilt.

Your starting balance is not balanced - that is why it is not correct

You need to correct that first

You need to enter all your unpaid purchase invoices properly

As far as I can see, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the business data

Your chart of Accounts is setup in an unusual manner - usually the Cost of Goods sold (Inventory - Cost) is just below the Inventory - Sales so that you can show the Gross Profit

Not sure what the Sales & Crushing Account is used for - it seems to be more sales

All you money transactions seem to done via a Cash Account although you have 3 Bank Accounts setup - very odd, unless of course you are a cash only business

Your balance sheet is not balanced because of the discrepancy in your Starting Balances

Making your complete accounting available on a public forum? Are you serious? Anyone can sell it to your competitors or call your customer telling that he should transfer the balance to your new bank account xyz because you have changed the bank account!!!

Unfortunately it’s not the 1st time Mods don’t intervene and protect a seemingly confident forum member.

sorry mark, you are right its my mistake. actually i am much upset because of my accounts.

Thank you for pointing out the lapse in personal security by the other person, @Mark. In the future, if you notice such things, please flag the post rather than just write about it. That gives moderators more options.

@Tut As you can see, there are (still) too many screenshots in this thread containing sensible information to flag them all. By replying to the forum member’s inattentive post, he was able to immediately correct his mistake. I understand that flagging a post will sent a warning to the Mods? I don’t know where you 3 Mods come from but maybe you’re all in a different time zone so it can take hours before the flagged post will be handled? Maybe use both corrective actions?

I agree, @mark. I deleted the link to the entire business backup file. But if forum members are so unconcerned with basic business information security that they post sensitive information in screen shots, there is only so much moderators can do. Rules of the forum warn against posting personal information. But we cannot always protect forum members from themselves.

Yes. More importantly, flagging a post enables a range of actions with respect to both the user and the post, not all of which are available to us unless a post is flagged by another member.

We span about 18 time zones, depending on implementation dates of daylight (or summer) savings time schemes. We also run our own businesses, so may not be immediately engaged on the forum. Without question, forum members are responsible for their own data security.

There really is no point. Moderators are free to ignore topics just like other users. For example, a moderator may have already determined they have no expertise on a particular topic, so they may not read continuing posts in a thread. But flags are always prominent whenever we sign in. Speaking only for myself, I always look at them first. (This highlights why topic diversions are discouraged. Members with applicable expertise may ignore the post.)

1 Like