Daily Sales

I am very new to accounting and need help figuring out the best way to input my daily sales. I have looked through the guide, but still do not see what I’m looking for. I think I want my daily sales to show under income. Any help would be appreciated.

You will not be able to use Manager effectively until you understand the basics of double-entry accounting. The Guides explain how to use this specific accounting program, not the fundamentals of accounting. I recommend to spend a few hours at http://www.accountingcoach.com to learn some basics. There are other good web sites, as well.

Yes, you want your daily sales to show up in an income account, but just which one will depend on what you are selling, whether it is taxable and how, your form of organization, preferences of your accountant, information desired for managing the company, and other factors. You will be able to set up your chart of accounts according to your needs.

Since you are new to accounting, it may also be quite useful to create a test company in Manager (you can have as many companies as you want) so that you aren’t experimenting with your real information. Good luck!

I’ve added some new articles, see:

This for bank accounts but for cash accounts, principle is essentially the same.