Customer Account in credit

It’s all explained in this guide. I wonder why people are so reluctant to search the guides section and read them.

1 Like

Not quite correct.
You have forced Manager to pay $240 for a $180 invoice. That has

• Resulted in a $60 over payment of that invoice
  • Prevented the $60 to to used to pay any other invoice.

The solution is do not force payment of more than an invoices full value. This can be done by either of

• let Manager automatically allocate receipts to invoices (it will start at the oldest first). At data entry you do that by not specifying a specific invoice ie leave that field blank in the receipt.

• Or in the payment create a line item of amount $180 for invoice 1947 - 27/06/22. Then create another line item for the remaining $60 and allocate that to another invoice (or leave the invoice field blank to let Manager allocate it to the oldest not fully paid)

1 Like

I did search the guide but not everybody has the ability to type in the exact key words. I never would of typed that .Thank you for providing me with the link.

Yay thank you everyone I went back and did the 2 lines 1 off the invoice number and one off nothing .
then went and did the next invoice and it took the 60 off . Awesome thats just what I wanted. Not that this happens a lot ha ha I mean who pays more than they are supposed to :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :person_gesturing_no:

:wink:

thanks for the screen shot I had already used the help everyone gave me and fix my problem