Costs & Profits

Is there a place to calculate costs, so that we can see our profit for each product that we sold.

You could go to Reports > Inventory and create the Profit Margin Report.

1 Like

Thank you, but it will be great, if I can calculate the each item’s cost that I have sold, which are also not in my inventory.

Maybe cost of each invoice will be great, so that I can know my profit from my each invoice, thanks,

If your item is not in inventory, how does Manager know its an item.
Manager doesn’t link purchase invoices with sales invoices so this wouldn’t be possible.

1 Like

Ok thank you, so I should add my each item to my inventory, thank you

Actually, my costs are always changing. My products is textile, and fabric cost, sewing cost, logo printing cost is changing for each product. So at the moment, I am writing these costs underneath the description of each product but I a afraid of I will accidentally send this offer form to my customers so they will be able to see my costs.

So is there a way to add a hidden column to sales orders of products which will not seen by customers when sent?

Actually I have accomplished that with adding a New Custom Field to Sales order and Show Custom Field as a column, so when I hit Sales Orders, I can see the Cost Total and Invoice Total near by near which helped me a lot

Thank you,

No.

This is not the correct approach. Manager already calculates the cost of your inventory items using the average cost method. This automatically takes into account the purchase price of things you buy. Profit margins are available in the Inventory Profit Margin report in the Reports tab. For things that include several purchased items and possibly other input costs, you should use Production Orders. See this Guide: Manager Guides. The total cost of produced items will be figured and then be available in the report, too.

A sales order is not a financial transaction. It is only a method for recording an order from a customer until it can be converted to a sales invoice. So your statement about seeing your sales order custom field and invoice totals nearby makes no sense. The Amount column under the Sales Orders tab refers to sales order totals, not invoices.

1 Like