Clearing account not showing up

I have been using Post inter account transfers from imported bank statements | Manager to create a clearing account to use for my Amazon sales. I created a bank account named Amazon and when Amazon transfers money to me it goes directly into my business checking account. So I was setting up a clearing account to use between the two. However when I go into my 1. Bank Accounts/Uncategorized transactions and try to Edit or Create New Bank Rule, on “then allocate to…” My Clearing account does not show in my Assets. The only ones that show up there are Accounts Receivable and Billable Expenses. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

You probably did not set up the clearing account correctly. Post a screen shot of the Edit screen for that account from Settings > Chart of Accounts.

Is this what you need to see?

That’s it. Your problem is that a clearing account is not a control account. Uncheck that box and everything should be fine.

As a matter of practicality, you might want to take Amazon’s name out of the account name. Since clearing accounts generally return to zero balance after the transactions they are used for are wrapped up, you can actually use the same clearing account for other things. Transaction clearing, for example, is a useful title.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you for the help to this non-accountant trying to figure it all out. This worked perfectly.