[Bug?] Billable time and expenses did not work

I have read the guide of how using billable time and expenses but I don’t quite understand, When I try to use it, and defined to sales invoice I have created it did not show up in sales invoice.

@tut try test it.

I’m using version 17.10.76 windows.

can you explain the steps you followed to create billable time and invoicing the same?

Was just about to write the same as @sharpdrivetek. If you can explain the steps you took (and perhaps show a few screenshots of your billable time + your sales invoice), it will help us to understand what happened.

BIllable Time:

Step 1: Create Empty Invoice

Step 2 : Create Billable time and change it to invoice, point it to empty invoice created from step 1

Step 3: check Empty Invoice

Step 4 : Nothing? Repeat Step 1.

Billable Expense:

Step 1: create Empty Invoice same as Billable time example

Step 2: create bank transaction using billable expense account

Step 3: change the status to invoiced in billable expense tab and point it to empty invoice created in step 1

Step 4: check the empty invoice

Step 5: nothing? repeat from step 1

No need to create any empty invoice. i do not know how you did that but that is not the procedure.

Follow these steps.

1. Create new billable time.
  2. Go to Customers tab and select the value against the customer under the Uninvoiced column.
  3. Select the billable invoice and create a New Sales Invoice.

Follow this guide Invoice billable time | Manager

1 Like

I would recommend against changing it to ‘Invoiced’ manually - there is no need to do that. Manager allows you to invoice all uninvoiced billable time against a given customer, and doing it this way leaves less chance of human error.

This is how I’d recommend you test it:

1. Log your billable time first: Record billable time | Manager (you did this correctly, but I think you should do this before creating the invoice)
  2. Invoice billable time: Invoice billable time | Manager (click on the New Sales Invoice button as part of following that guide … rather than creating a new blank invoice the normal way)

Let us know how you go with that.

1 Like

You just edited your post to add notes about billable expenses.

Here are the relevant guides for that:

1. Create the Billable Expense first: Record billable expenses | Manager
  2. Invoice the Billable Expense using the dedicated way to do that (not creating an invoice the regular way): Invoice billable expenses | Manager

Both of the above (instructions for billable time, and instructions for billable expenses) are designed in such a way that you can easily invoice for all un-invoiced time / expenses.

So even if you have 20 different billable time records for a customer, you can do them all very easily. You don’t need to manually update each and every one with the invoice number.

1 Like

oh! I missed the Customer tab. :sweat_smile:

Thank you @sharpdrivetek and @ShaneAU

But how do I charge together billable time and expenses in the same invoice.

Let us know if you have any more questions regarding this :slight_smile: Once you start using it more often, it’ll become second nature!

1 Like
  1. before making the Sales invoice for the billable time, create the Billable Expense also.
    read this guide on how to create a billable expense https://www.manager.io/guides/5503

2. now the uninvoiced column against the customer will show the total of both billable time and billable expenses.

3. select both the check boxes against the billable time and billable expense and create New Sales Invoice.

1 Like

Thank you so much @sharpdrivetek. :heart_eyes: Finally able to get billable tab working as I need. still waiting for Billable charge to have per unit basis other than time basis.

1 Like