Batch run of invoices

Hello I have the latest 64 bit windows 10 desktop version of Managerio.
I have 74 customers who have the same invoice, the same renewal date
(recurring invoice) is it possible to do a batch invoice run with the 74 customers once a year, without having to do each one individually?

See Transposition of Names - #2 by eko

Hello I have Version 24.3.10.1347 windows 10 64 bit desktop version of Manager.
I have 74 customers who have the same invoice, the same renewal date
(recurring invoice) is it possible to do a batch invoice run with the 74 customers once a year, without having to do each one individually? I would be most appreciative if you could be more precise as there are so many guides and I am unable to find this actual or similar solution

I am also having problems sometimes when trying to get into the guides that the following message comes up " Page Not Found

Looks like you’ve followed a broken link or entered a URL that doesn’t exist on this site.
Back to our site
—" and when I go back to the site it doesn’t let me drill down, this is why I am seeking a more accurate answer as to where I may locate thi information. It’s been so difficult as I seem to be in a circular pattern and unable to foin the answers or assistance

See my post at Transposition of Names - #5 by eko

OK, Manager is not currently able to do this function. I see it is in the ideas section so hopefully it comes to fruition

My reply to this is that it is not in the ideas section (ideas - Manager Forum) if so I stand corrected when you can provide the link.

I would not expect it in any case to be in ideas because with Batch Create you can create the 74 invoices and with Batch View select these invoices and Print to PDF for emailing and printing.

I think yes
Recurring you have to select every 12 months or every 365 days
Then after 12 months or 365 days it will show and remind you to run

You have mady my day with your reply.
This is REALLY, REALLY fantastic news and will save me days each year when subscriptions become due. I would really appreciate your help with this as I am sure so many others would also be indebted to you.
Ok, so lets look at the most frequent scenario
1/ How do we do a bulk batch of 74 separate invoices in one go, from an invoice template called “Demo Invoice” or called “Dummy Recurring invoice”
2/ After printing internally with Manager “Print to PDF” how do we then send the PDF via the template email to the 74 recipient, as I cannot understand how Manager can apply the reference number to the email template.
This may take a little back and forwards communication, and I hope you see it as really well worth the effort, as the majority of Manager users would like to produce bulk, recurring invoices on a regular basis, to the same customer base, with the same information and prices on each invoice. Then to top it off using the same scenario, to bulk send the 74 customers an email (template) receipt.
Really looking forward receiving to your most valued solution and the process to achieve that

You should also consider creating all the sales invoices once, using the clone feature. Ten create a recurring sales invoice for each one. You would only do this once. After that, you would repeat the process for new customers. Still use Batch View to print. I suspect you would find this easier than Batch Create every cycle.

Tut says "create all the sales invoices once, using the clone feature. Then create a recurring sales invoice for each one. Still use Batch View to print. I suspect you would find this easier than Batch Create every cycle.
EKO’s answer made my day and I was so excited whereas TUT’s answer, is the long process which I had expected to do and I mentioned this in an earlier post.
I am lost with these differing answers, please advise which one is correct.

Still on the same subject, from your website, I see the following…
“Use the Batch View function
Manager has the ability to generate batches of records for viewing in a single operation. This can be useful in many situations, including:
Printing monthly sales invoices for all subscribers to a service”
Ok, so how do I Batch View select these 74 invoices and Print to PDF for emailing "using an email template (as I cannot understand how Manager can apply the reference number to the email template, as it’s a PDF) to the 74 subscribers with a one touch operation

If this is becoming too messy, Please revert to my message as below, but with your revisionary answers…
“Ok, so lets look at the most frequent scenario
1/ How do we do a bulk batch of 74 separate invoices in one go, from an invoice template called “Demo Invoice” or called “Dummy Recurring invoice”
2/ After printing internally with Manager “Print to PDF” how do we then send the PDF via the template email to the 74 recipient, as I cannot understand how Manager can apply the reference number to the email template.”

Both are correct.
So that is not a very useful question.

A more useful question is what is the most efficient or easiest to use.

The answer to which is each is better for different scenarios.

• Bach create is best or one off bulk custom changes. It is more technical so harder to do if you are no fluent in such things

• Setting up recurrent invoices is best for generation of repeated identical invoices ie recurrent invoices. It is a core program function done within the program, requiring less technical expertise than batch operations.

Which gets us back to what’s best for you.

• if you have the technical skills, you only need to create one month of invoices or subsequent invoices regularly differ in a calculable manner; then batch create may be best. Once a year is not very recurrent and maybe the amount changes most years and is identical for all customers.

• if you need repeated invoices for customers different from the last by date, the recurrent invoices would be my preference as it is easier and probably more reliable for multiple invoices for each customer. The renewal date can be customer specific. A new customer can be added / old customer order cancelled when the event occurs rather than remembering as invoice generation time.

The bottom line is which is best for you is your call.

1 Like

As soon as you use Print to PDF, which actually is advised because the PDF generator is in Obsolete features, you should use your usual email application to send the emails. As this is only once per year it should not be much of an issue.

It would have been more elegant if @Lubos would allow to at least attach documents such as PDFs to the Email function of Manager, so that the absence of the PDF generator would not completely render the email function useless for those using Desktop Edition because the link to the View would not work because local ip 127.0.0.0 is not internet accessible. Also in cases where View is internet accessible would it in many instances be preferred by suppliers and customers to receive a PDF attachment and not some link. It may even block such.

Besides technical reasons, from earlier discussions in other topics the PDF generator used is not fit for purpose when considering more complex requirements and right-to-left languages. Alternatives exist but they are costly and would thereby jeopardize the always free Desktop promise.

Settings → Obsolete Feaures → Internal PDF generator → enable

Then
Invoice → email

Test to see if the internal pdf generator meets you needs.
If not manually email each invoice from an external email client as described above (which is not really practical imo).

Create test businesses to trial each method to determine which one you prefer.
The guides have detailed instructions for batch operations and recuring invoices.
https://www2.manager.io/guides/9572
https://www2.manager.io/guides/9488
Batch operations are also available for recurring invoices