Batch Recording for production

Hey Team,
Another question. We have to batch our products as we manufacture. I was wondering if there is a good way of doing this, recording date, time, and custom fields for things like diameter, weight, tolerance etc.
That way I can save it so we know in that batch we’ve recorded several readings…
I’m not sure what the best way to approach this is because we currently just use an excel sheet but if we could have that in manager it would make it easier to find. Any ideas or work arounds for this?
I notice there’s production run tabs but yeah just want to record data.
Thanks team.
Jim.

I recommend strongly against this. There is no accounting purpose for what you are trying to record. So why try to twist an accounting program into doing the job? You will spend a lot of time and energy and won’t have anything very useful.

You are speaking of manufacturing logs. If a spreadsheet does the job, keep using it.

I guess it would be nice because we use the production orders etc forms and the whole thing works well.
Maybe I could add custom fields for that… just trying to keep it all in 1 program…

Production orders do not record distinguishable batches. In facr, Manager cannot track individual units or batches. All units of an inventory item are considered identical and interchangeable.

I would love to see this added.
Manager has some really good functionality when it comes to production orders and inventory items.
I’ve added some custom fields to the productions orders which seems to work ok for now, and a tolerance check box. That way the date and reference is automatically recorded with that particular production order. Working for now…

That’s all very good, but if you have inventory items in stock that were produced from different production orders there is no way to identify which ones came from which order.

If all the items produced on an order are sold after production, then yes this is useful

Yeah, I’m starting to notice the limitations from this, as most of the sales is off the website, I now need to manage that, plus inventory of raws, and production from raws to parts… plus production orders… ughghg. It’s close… but so far.