Batch Create Sales Invoice Multiple Lines

I have to bump this old thread.

Can someone explain how to create a spreadsheet that can be used to batch create a single sales invoice for a single client with multiple line items?

When I paste the spreadsheet file and batch create invoices, each excel line is an individual invoice. How are individual invoices with multiple line items created?

• I searched the documentation.
  • I searched the forums and this thread was the only direct reference to this question.

Thank you kindly.

// EDIT: I found this post: How to batch create purchase invoice with more than one line item

So, now I see that each line is an individual invoice, and mulitple billable line items are stuffed into a cel.
Two questions:

1. Has anyone managed to get this to work?

2. Copy does not work on either standalone of server version. Details:

Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Brave
Spreadsheet: Libre Calc

Anyone else using Linux and copy works for them?

1. I can find the data in the HTML source just fine, just a bit of work. I paste the data into Libre Calc and I can see the relevant line with multiple line entries for a particular invoice that I can use as an example.

However, when I delete the original invoice and then batch create a new one using the pasted data (not creating anything new, just pasting back the data from the spreadsheet to see if it works), I don’t get multiple line items. Some of the data is accurate, most of it is missing and a some of the data is smooshed into a single line.

Anyone with a similar desktop environment / workflow get this to work and can share any suggestions for getting this working correctly?

Thanks.