Bank Transactions to Inter Account Transfer

Hi,

Is there a way I can change a bank transaction to an Inter account transfer?

I have a number of bank accounts and do a lot of transactions between them each month.

After importing my bank transactions at the end of each month, I have to manually delete the transactions in both accounts and create an inter account transfer transaction for each entry. This is somewhat error prone so I was wondering if there was a way to do this (say through a bank rule) or if you would consider it for a future release.

Thanks

1 Like

Currently, if you are importing all your bank transactions, then they should remain receipts & payments. You should post them to some clearing account as per this guide: Post inter account transfers from imported bank statements | Manager

Bank rule won’t be possible because in order to create inter-account transfer it would require two matching transactions. In future, there could be some ability to convert two matching transactions into Inter-account transfers but until that is implemented, you should use clearing account method.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply, @lubos

I’m looking into the clearing account guide.

+1 for “In future, there could be some ability to convert two matching transactions into Inter-account transfers but until that is implemented, you should use clearing account method”

very much looking for this feature
please make it priority 1