Balances Of accounts are changed after updation of server edition

My Balances have changed the whole accounts connected to inventory module are changed.
How to resolve this?

manager new version
manager old version

This could be linked to the recent removal of the start date.

What version did you upgrade from and to?

I have upgraded from 20.2.77 to 21.6.53
Also i have done a lot of work now from last 2 months hundreds of entries now when I checked trial balance I found this error and the backup I take from new version it is not showing accurate data in old version.
Is there any solution?

You will have to try and isolate the difference by comparing the two versions.

I think There were quite a few changes to correct bugs in previous versions some of which affected inventory and production orders.

You can download the Desktop version 20.2.77 and import your backup so that you could compare versions.

You are probably about 1,000 versions behind

I have compared and analyzed.
1: I have control accounts for inventory items there are more than 100 items(Some are in negative)
2: How can i identify each item balance it will be lifelong process.

Is there any solution which you can suggest?

@Shuja_Ansari1 if the figures have changed just merely due to upgrading then it would be due to fixed bugs. You can make journal entry to adjust the figures to what they were before.

The latest version has no active bugs related to balances. Even the last bug that has been fixed was something that has been never reported on the forum so we are getting to the point where the software is giving correct figures no matter how complex your bookkeeping is.

How can you suggest such a thing after that a fiscal year has been closed and one has deposited the numbers (all the transactions in the GLT) to the tax authority? It is illegal to do this without noticing to the tax authority of the changes you have done and the motivation.

We have closed our fiscal year and cannot adjust balances now is there any other way?

Save a backup of the data file and program file at it was at the end if the financial year. Retain that for as long as your tax authority requires and provide it if requested.

For future financial years do as instructed by Lubos. Doing so enables you to make accurate comparisons with past financial years.

If the discipline of using a backup for old years is too difficult when you have updated information in your current data file. The alternative is to batch delete the prior years data and adjust the starting balance to reflect the start of the new financial year. By the way I use the first method I suggested for all important records in all software programs I use.