API Documentation

Hi,

I’m currently shopping around for a new accounting package which I can programatically integrate with. Manager Server Edition seems to fit my needs, however it’s unclear what is possible with the API.

@lubos mentioned in this post that API documentation will be made available in the Guides section, however I can’t find any.

Could you please point me in the direction of these documents?

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

From my understanding there is no solid documentation yet as the API is still in development.

However, it’s a REST API and you can see what’s available by signing up for a trial on the Cloud edition and visiting the /api route in your web browser of choice. You can access the API before paying.

This is the route you would visit:
https://subdomain.manager.io/api

• Username: administrator
  • Password: As entered when signing up

As long as you have created a business (you can use the sample business Northwind - Sample Business if you wish), you will be able to navigate through the data that is accessible via the API.

It’s actually very self-explanatory / almost serves as documentation by itself, but feel free to reply here if you have any questions about it.

You sound like you have the same requirements as I do, and that’s what led me to Manager!

Here is my 50 cents.

System I created integrates Manager, Bank account statements and our ERP, but there is one very annoying issue. We can not create Receipt with API with preselected Invoice just because we can not QUERY invoices either for particular Customer, not by any other field including Invoice ID. The only way to query invoices is to fetch all of them (more than 2000 in our case) and then to mock/cache locally with kind of DB.

And this really makes me upset. Is there any chance to increase importance of this feature?

I believe that @lubos has a few significant changes planned for the API in the future. I’m sure they’ll make things easier for us, but only he can comment on specific features.

For the meantime, I came to the same conclusion. We need to create a local database to represent the information if we want to do anything meaningful and regularly access it.

Is there a REST API documentation in 2022?

Not only that, there’s also interactive examples.

Awesome! Where do I access that?

This is the route you would visit:
https://subdomain.manager.io/api

• Username: administrator
  • Password: As entered when signing up
    This Way you can acess your api.
    Note- Api is Available only for server and cloud editions.

There is a workaround that enables api access in the Desktop edition.