All stock missing from manager after Update

The upgrade doesn’t change or delete any transactions, it only affects how columns are displayed under Inventory Items tab.

Observing the issues, I’ve noticed a lot of people have tabs Delivery Notes and Goods Receipts enabled even though they are not using them. These tabs are significant in the latest version. If you have these tabs enabled, it indicates Manager you want to track inventory quantity to be received from suppliers or inventory quantity to be delivered to customers. If you don’t want that, these tabs need to be switched off.

The latest version (17.6.11) will automatically switch those tabs off if they are not used. This will avoid some confusion.

1 Like

This implies that you have to do everything either 100% by Goods Receipt / Delivery Note or not use those tabs at all - is this correct.

But what if you have a mixed business - a trade wholesaler, where the tradesman can come to the warehouse and select and take the goods (as a cash sale) but the sale is going onto the Customer’s 30 day Account, or the tradesman can phone the order in and have it delivered to site, perhaps the following week…

Having to create Delivery Notes for the cash sales is not a good workflow, the Sales Invoice could resolve this by having a tick box which directs the transaction to be either a direct sale or a delivery sale.

Similarly, the same logic would apply to Purchase Invoices also.

3 Likes

If you purchase or sell inventory directly under Cash Accounts tab, it is assumed that you have received (or delivered) inventory at the time of the payment so you don’t have to make Delivery Note or Goods Receipt.

In other words, purchasing inventory in Cash Accounts tab will always increase Qty on hand directly regardless whether Goods Receipts tab is enabled or not.

1 Like

@lubos, agreed when it is an actual “cash” sale, but not when its a “credit” sale with goods taken.

Day 1 - The customer (A) attends the warehouse checkout and the sale is entered on their credit account, there is no separate delivery - so no delivery note is required. Customer pays next month

Day 2 - The customer (A) phones the warehouse with an order for delivery next week, Both an invoice and delivery note are created. Customer pays next month

Under the current set up, if the delivery notes tab is activated, then all checkout created credit sales have to also have a separate delivery note created even though no delivery occurred.

Hence the suggestion “the Sales Invoice could resolve this by having a tick box which directs the (credit) transaction to be either a direct sale (goods taken) or a delivery sale”. This tick box would only be activated (shown) if the delivery note tab is being used.

The alternative for the business currently would be, don’t activate the delivery note tab and use the sales invoice as the delivery note. But that defeats the valid reasons why users want delivery notes.

In this case you’d have to enter a goods receipt too. I could add checkbox on invoice to indicate goods received with invoice. But would it really help that much? You can simply copy invoice to goods receipt document in 3 clicks.

Delivery note must be created on the day of delivery. Not one week in advance. Future transactions are discouraged in Manager.

This is true. However I might consider adding a checkbox on sales invoice to make the invoice act as a delivery at the same time.

OK, we are thinking the same here.

Exactly. I believe people should activate delivery notes tab if the delivery of items and invoicing the customer doesn’t always occur on the same day. Then you want delivery notes to make sure you keep track what customers have received and what they are still waiting for.

I agree

1 Like

I agree