Accounts Receivable & Sales

Hi sorry I’m very fresh to accounting and this is my second attempt at building my accounts despite running my business for a couple years now. So help me if there’s any mistake. My current understanding is, Accounts Receivable is considered a Current Asset on the Balance Sheet, assuming I will get paid in 12 months. But in my business, I sometimes sell on Credit, and get paid later. I understand that I can create a Sales Invoice in Manager, and once I received payment I can just do a normal Bank Transaction>Receive Money> point it to Accounts Receivable > Invoice number…and that clears out the related balance in AR am I right so far?

So my real question is, I would still like to see the Credit Sales in my Profit & Loss column, specifically in my Sales figure.

1. How can I get my Sales Invoice to also appear as a Sales? Is it possible?
  2. Or generally, it doesn’t count as a Sale until I get paid? If so, then do I have to manually enter another Bank Transaction with the same amount but this time point it to Sales? But that will double up wouldn’t it?

Or am I getting things all wrong and not following the right procedure? Hope someone can help me out. My business is literally as basic as it goes so I wish to keep my accounts as simple as possible as well. If you have any tips please do share!

Under the Summary tab > Set Period > Accounting method make sure it is set to Accrual Basis

Hi thanks for your attempt to help despite my newbie mistake! Yes I’ve finally solved it and it’s basically due to my own silly mistake. I was simply pointing to the wrong accounts and I did not find out why but I basically deleted everything, the invoice and bank transaction, and redo the whole thing and it finally worked! But anyway thank you very much for your tip!