[17.6.10] More clarity under Inventory Items tab

Your purchase invoice (or cash payment transaction) adds the new purchase, just like your first purchase of 100.

thanks

@lubos - can I suggest one tweak - Qty available instead of Qty owned.
“Qty available” to be sold - resonates better then - “Qty owned” to be sold
Albeit a longer word.

2 Likes

Are you using Delivery Notes or Goods Receipts tab? Because if you don’t use them, the layout will be “as before”. It’s only if you are using one or both of these tabs, you will get separation.

It’s different word. Qty owned is to be read in conjunction with average and total cost. Qty available would imply what is currently available to sell but if this figure includes incoming deliveries from suppliers (as Qty owned does), then it’s misleading. A lot of people would assume “available qty” should not include what has not yet arrived from suppliers.

1 Like

Agree with lubos, my interpretation is the same as his. Quantity Available = Within your control and exist to sell.

Quantity Owned = Can be in transit from supplier (total indicator) not all are within your control but legally is your ownership to that stock if you sell it (booking) (order) to the customer that the stock has delay and have a risk to mismanage resulted of fraud in customer’s point of view.

Yes, Delivery Notes are used in our daily transactions.
However, certain entries have been passed where the Inventory are picked up under Item Tab and certain entries have been passed with only descriptions.
We have our data in the books since 2013. The current update has changed the Inventory interface which is causing lot of problem in stock keeping reports which was way smoother before with the previous interface.

No, We are not using the Goods Receipts Tab.

The current interface is better because it will tell you which items you need to still deliver to customers based on delivery notes issued so far.

And if you deliver items to customers before issuing invoice, it will tell you which items customer needs to be invoiced for.

Basically more control over inventory with no extra work. The issue right now is how to create delivery notes in bulk retrospectively so your figures in Manager represent reality.

What I’m thinking is to add button New Delivery Note when viewing items to deliver to customers and clicking the button would automatically populate information with items to deliver so when you save this delivery note, it will “clear” their balance of items yet to be delivered. In other words, this way you could quickly create one delivery note per customer which would “clear” their items to deliver balance.

What do you think?

Current interface is great.

I have to test that

I think it another awesome step in managing inventory

1 Like

I am sure this update is intuitive in lot of way which is surely benefiting Manager Users.

We however, issue a delivery note only for physical stock and not for online license of software which is delivered electronically.

The above snapshot shows Qty on hand = 119.
However the total qty purchased = 126
Qty to deliver is showing 15 unit - they are the Sales Invoice without Delivery note.
Qty owned = 104 is correct. (7 units with delivery note and 15 unit without delivery note = 22 - 126)
If Qty owned was a clickable link with purchase and sales invoice listed in one page like previous interface, our problem would be solve

Earlier the Delivery Notes were not affecting/reflecting the Quantity of Stock.
Only once the inventory is invoiced, it will affect/reflect Quantity of Stock.
So we would make a note of delivery notes which are yet to be invoiced.

So the previous interface was way effective in our business where the purchase and sales quantity was displayed in one page with description of the inventory.

The current update is little confusing to understand, moreover we are not able to see the inventory description.

Why do you track quantity of intangible item? If you insist software licenses you sell are really inventory items (instead of non-inventory items), you will need to issue delivery note for those too. It doesn’t mean customer has to receive the copy of delivery note. It’s for your purposes only.

Although, software licenses could be as well non-inventory items unless you purchase them from someone else to resell.

We however, issue a delivery note only for physical stock and not for online license of software which is delivered electronically.

Reseller I guess…

Software License are consider Inventory in our business.
They account to Inventory cost and Inventory sale.

Our Audits for previous years have been on the above basis.

Delivery Notes earlier didn’t interfere with our workflow which now is. Making us to add an extra task of creating a delivery note.

We cannot go and edit our previous data of 4 years with delivery notes now.

The previous interface was accurate in its own way and much simplified.

Now its too complected for our continuity.

Yes.
Our business nature is Reseller and Distributors.

We issue Delivery Notes only once the goods are actually leaving our premises for delivery.

Yes, we do come across delivering the goods before Invoicing the customer, but we make a note of it and such scenario is very rare.

That’s how it should be.

Because it’s too much work but if Manager would allow to quickly create missing delivery notes in the past, that would be OK as fixing data retrospectively?

1 Like

That would be great.

But what i am really looking for is the Qty Owned to have a clickable link leading to purchase and sale of inventory with description listed out in the same page like previous interface.

Is it possible to implement that?

Thanks.

Before we get to this, are you OK with issuing delivery notes for software licenses issued electronically?

I guess, i have no option not to.

Lets have an update to create missing delivery notes in the past.

We will maintain delivery note for each invoice moving forward.

But all i wish to have is the previous interface layout with the current update.

Though its gonna be an additional work :slight_smile: