[17.6.10] More clarity under Inventory Items tab

Not true at all, We generate PO as per our requirements, That dose not mean supplier will supply it. some supplier will not accept the PO, then we have to regenerate PO or we have to make a new PO with different supplier. So Its not true abut Qty to receive.

If possible then please add one Feature of Minimum required Qty in Hand per Item. So if the qty of that item will be less then the Minimum stock requirements then it will display some message, so we can manage the the Qty will never run bellow the minimum stock. its helpful to all.
we are in electronics fields, and we required so many small small components to manufacture some products, and right now we have to continuously observe each components in the stock by software, there are so many components so its hard to observe each and every at daily basis, so its easy to us and also for all. if you provide minimum stack level indicator for all items of inventory.

@Lubos,

I second that!!!

The Inventory Cost with Amount column and Quantity column was the most accurate and simplest interface.

With the current update, its causing a lot of issue where we are made to mandatory add more steps like Purchase order, Delivery Notes and so on…which was very flexible earlier without picking up the Inventory as per customer needs and wants.

Also, our Audit is going on and this switch is creating difficultly in many aspect.

Kindly switch back to the previous Inventory Items Interface!!!

3 Likes

@lubos Yes please add the previous features asap as we all are having so many problems with this sudden change and feature lacking, all are have serious business problems

2 Likes

@lubos

please please change it back or at least create an option to show cost and avg cost in inventory. if we can toggle on and off receive and delivery qty surely we can have an option to toggle on/off avg cost and cost?

@sharpdrivetek , @AaiRIz,
i though about the same that POrder qty is the one should update the Qty to receive, But i agree the better way is supplier send a Proforma invoice as acceptance of the PO. And we create the Purchase Invoice with Invoice number as “Proforma” , this will make the qty as incoming/receivable. Later at time of GR, one can update the “Proforma” with the actual invoice number. check it up.

1 Like

@lubos, if thats true, and if latest version did not update data but then still users see incorrect data, That means i think you have not included the date condition while populating the inventory tab. it should do the qty calculation only for date > (cut off date of your change). so it will not touch the history data. Just this my thinking, please check.

There are lot of ideas. :slightly_smiling_face: Please consider the following too now that you have said it.

1. What will happen when the monthly statement of sales and purchase invoices is submitted for auditing sales return for the materials not received or sold in the present month but only the invoice has been made?

2. What about companies operating with bank loan who needs to submit monthly stock statement along with the purchase and sales invoices?

3. And what about the summary page in Manager that shows accounts receivable and accounts payable updated with reference to purchase and sales invoices that have not actually been made?

@Lubos,

Is it safe to go back to my previous version without data loss of my current day work???

1 Like

@sharpdrivetek,
As for Auditor or Banker, the summary or financial statement is pretty understandable, if your Asset goes up by Inventory (not really received), simaltaneously the Liability goes up too by Accounts Payable. same case in Sales. It is a double entry system. so it should not be a problem.

I was not talking about the stocks. But having to make purchase or sales invoice rather than a purchase order or sales order to know Qty to receive and Qty to deliver. The purchase and sales invoice needs to be submitted monthly for tax returns. There is no assurance that the materials against these invoices will be delivered. What if the invoice is cancelled later after already submitting for tax returns? will that not be a headache later? It is much easier to cancel a purchase order or sales order than cancelling a purchase and sales invoice which needs a legal approach.

Now please dont tell me that delivery notes and goods receipt are submitted for tax returns. :wink:

i meant to use ‘proforma invoice’ , it is the indication the other party is accepted for next step whatsoever and more of a guaranteed transaction unlike the Order. For Taxes, i presume only the invoice is taken into account, and not the proforma invoice. simply, the qty is effected by proforma invoice and cash is effected by invoice. better to confirm it with your auditor or tax office too.

Can you add this to releases category.

That’s expected. For example you might deliver to customer before issuing an invoice or supplier sending goods before issuing an invoice. In that case Qty to receive or Qty to deliver will be negative which means supplier sent you items before invoice or customer received items which are yet to be invoiced.

Especially for customers, this is very useful to keep track you will eventually invoice every item your customer receives.

No. I’ll rather give tools so users can add missing delivery notes or goods receipts retroactively. Or just delete all delivery notes or goods receipts if they don’t want to track it.

The latest version has new column under Suppliers tab called Qty to receive and new column under Customers tab called Qty to deliver. This will let you drill-down into items to receive/deliver per customer/supplier.

If you are using Delivery Notes, then sales invoice will never affect Qty on hand. It will always increase Qty to deliver. Then delivery note will decrease both - qty on hand and qty to deliver.

My point was, if you are selling inventory you don’t have, you should activate Delivery notes tab. This way you can sell inventory you don’t have without Qty on hand going negative (because invoices never affect qty on hand) and issue delivery note when you actually have the item on hand and going to deliver to customer.

Anyway, this mechanism is for businesses who want to track location of their inventory items. If business is sending items to customers during the month and then invoices once a month for all delivered items, Manager makes it easy to get list of “uninvoiced” items. Or when business is buying from suppliers and want to make sure all purchased items are actually received.

If business doesn’t want to do that, they can simply disable Delivery Notes or Goods Receipts tabs or both. This is just another dimension for inventory items which is completely optional but very rewarding with just little extra effort.

You’ve been caught up using “Inventory Items” tab for something they weren’t meant to be used. I’m going to find good place for average cost but ultimately, proper investments module is the future when it makes it into Manager sometime this year.

@lubos
Best Place would be the location where it used to be :). I don’t see much disadvantage to put it back where it was. Today I was running into another problem that I have now, because of this decision. When exporting the stock to Excel I always had all information at hand to make analysis of my stock, that I currently do not have anymore.

Then your Qty on Hand is distorted. If you have 10 items in stock, create sales invoices for 6 items then based on the above quote the Qty on hand stills shows 10 and Qty to delivery shows 6. So if you need to know available Qty on hand (which should be 4) you actual have to do a calculation (10-6) rather then rely upon the screen information, this is not user friendly.

No I haven’t, every business with inventory needs to know avg cost as their basis to calculate selling price. Take an importer, cost of product plus the freight ins - freight, duties, handling charges - currently with Manager not providing avg cost the importer now has to use spreadsheets to get the results - this is a backward step. Manager is primarily an accounting system not a distribution system, (even though it’s catered for) so financial information directing relating to Inventory should be located with inventory so proper financial management of the business can be maintained, currently that capability has been lost.

A supplier/importer of inventory needs avg cost as a daily working tool, not regulated to some background role. I would suggest that the Inventory Items tab be re-instated and that those who require Goods Receipts / Delivery Notes have a new tab called “Inventory Status”.

Well, there is Qty on hand from accounting point of view and Qty on hand from physical point of view.

From accounting point of view, Qty on hand is decreased when invoice is issued. From physical point of view, Qty on hand is decreased when you, well, take the goods from inventory and give it to customer.

You might argue that issuing invoice always imply you are giving goods to customer, right? Well, no. The inventory on hand could be at different location and even though customer has purchased items, they will need to wait until you physically ship them to them.

As I said, if your business is such as that Sales Invoice always implies the customer is receiving items too, then disable Delivery Notes tab. This will remove Qty to deliver from Inventory Items tab and issuing an invoice will decrease Qty on hand directly.

The reason why I have implemented this is that there are a lot of businesses where issuing invoice doesn’t imply inventory item is physically removed from inventory. For these businesses, it was impossible to do proper inventory count because Manager figures (the accounting point of view) would never match what was physically in inventory.

I’m not arguing average cost is a bad idea. Don’t worry, I’ll make this right.

Must admit, in decades of accounting one has never ever come across this distinction.

When a customer approaches the sales desk the sales desk needs to know the actual inventory on hand (after other committed customers sales) not an inventory on hand which includes undelivered inventory to previous committed customers sales. The greatest importance of accurate inventory levels is at the sales point (yes we have in stock) not at the warehouse shelf point. It appears under this model the warehouse shelf is given greater importance - whereas the sales desk who actually interfaces with the customer needs to have the most accurate information, just because the warehouse hasn’t delivered it - who gives a ------ .

Just add it to the right hand side of Inventory Item, nothing more special then that required.

You could argue that for companies which use Delivery notes, I should provide a column called Available qty instead of Qty on hand where Available qty would be what’s actually available for sale after deducting sold/undelivered items. And maybe that’s better approach.

Thinking about this a bit more, even the flow would be better.

1. The item is purchased and it goes to Qty in transit column.
  2. Supplier delivers the item and it moves from Qty in transit to Available qty column.
  3. Customer purchases item and it moves from Available qty to Qty to deliver column.
  4. Item is delivered to customer and it’s removed from Qty to deliver column.

However I still need to show somewhere physical quantity on hand for inventory count purposes. But that could probably be a report which you print and physically walk with it to inspect qty of each item on the report.

Thoughts?

@lubos how about adding inventory cost and sale price in a new tab here like inventory items, you can name it inventory value, this can save your idea of inventory items locations, now i’m liking the inventory items as now i can enable other user inventory tab option as they can’t see the cost or any purchase invoice,
so you can add a new tab which gives the cost and value info and has ability to be controlled by administrator to which user it has to be accessed. Does it seem more practical from accounting purpose?

also the new option is supplier and customer is great this will take so me time for me to make all transactions but now at least one knows which items to handle thumbs up