[17.6.10] More clarity under Inventory Items tab

This is an interesting statement.
This reminds me of the fact that there could be a difference in approach between the Angel-Saxon style and the Continental style.
I have worked with several accounting programs. In The Netherlands and Germany. Big companies, small companies.
Build up quite some experience, and based on that same experience I can tell you that experience is of no use if you don’t keep up and keep “shaping” your experience.
I will return to you regarding your statement as soon as I have relevant information.

Hi @lubos
Any solution to my request?

We are facing lot of inconvenience in our day to day working.
Requesting you to kindly help with a solution at the earliest!!!

With the current update, all I see:

Qty on hand - which lists out Purchase Invoices with date, invoice number and quantity
(-) Delivery Note (In my case as told earlier, we do not issue delivery notes for software license)

Qty to deliver Shows list of Customer with total till date purchase of a said inventory, without date or quantity listed on the main page.

This is casing problem in order to track any discrepancy. Unlike the previous interface where the purchase and sale quantity wise was listed in the same page.

Now I have a discrepancy of 8 units in my books. There would be a mistake in entry in my books from my accountant which i want to track and get it to the actual quantity owned.

It was way easier in the previous interface to track the stock quantity purchase and stock quantity sold in one page.

Now in the latest update, i cannot track the quantity at all.
If i check the Qty on hand, i get the list of purchase invoice with the quantity which is fine. But how to track the quantity delivered (as we don’t issue delivery notes for software license :frowning: )
Moreover the Qty Delivered tab just provides the list of customers which i have to manually one by one go and check in their ledger against the sales invoice that how much qty was delivered.

This is a mess for me now. I don’t think i did justice in explaining my point to you as well.

All i need is the previous Inventory item tab back.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, but once it’s done it’s done - maybe a special project for someone.

But that can’t occur now under Inventory Items if you have Delivery Notes tab activated.

To track this - temporarily deactivate Delivery Notes tab, then you will see previous Inventory Item format. Once the issue has been resolved - reactivate the Delivery Notes tab.

Are these items for which you issue delivery notes or are they software licenses?

Are you serious??
What if Manager in future updates to some different features and i am asked to sit down and change every data from scratch in my books.
This is not an answer i am looking out for when we are professionally working on maintaining a company’s books.
The Management is not going to entertain my request which is not my fault at all, its a software update.

I am ready to try that out. However, i am not able to disable the Delivery Note tab.
Check the snapshot below:

Hi @lubos
The inventory in question is a Software License which has few delivery notes issued to the customer.

The Qty On hand shows 1056 units
The Qty to Delivery shows 1048 units.

The actual stock of this inventory is Zero.

So need to check where is the mistake in our books…maybe the accountant didn’t pick up the inventory correctly in sales invoice that’s why it showing 8 units in hand.

I No my Purchase quantity but its difficult to understand the Qty to Deliver Tab where list of Customers are displayed with till date sale of that inventory.

now how will i check each and every customer and the sales invoice issued with that Inventory.

There is no date or anything mentioned in the Qty to Deliver Tab ( which is the actual qty already deviled to customer)

I sadly cannot even disable the Delivery Tab to get the old format back to check the discrepancy.

@Sarika, why don’t you enter delivery notes for each customer? How many customers there are when you click on Qty to deliver column?

As for why Qty owned shows 8 when it should be zero. It could mean you have not issued invoice for 8 qty to one or more customers. Which ones? Well, Manager won’t be able to tell you that. Not even if you don’t use delivery notes tab.

This is exactly what the previous interface help me detect.
That’s why i am emphasizing on having the previous interface back.

At least i could see at what point or date the discrepancy occurred. From there on i had to just refer to vendor portal for the inventory in hand for which an invoice was not issued or qty wrongly entered in sales invoice.

I mean, i got through my work swiftly with the previous interface.

I have 702 Customers which displays Qty to deliver.
You want me to select each and every Customer and create missing delivery notes on Today’s date? for previous years data from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 ans 2017???

So if Qty owned would be clickable, then it would solve the issue. Correct?

Yeah, that would be 702 delivery notes. I mean look, you don’t have to do it. Delivery notes have no impact on your financial statements but then you will see ever growing Qty on hand and Qty to deliver for that particular inventory item. Delivery notes basically make those figures offset each other.

Most certainly, if it displays the Qty in and out in same page like previous interface :slight_smile:

@Sarika, check the latest version (17.6.78) where Qty owned column is clickable.

1 Like

Thank you!

Will update and check right away :slight_smile:

Hi @lubos
My problem is solved by making the Qty owned column is clickable :slight_smile:

One small request to also add the Description column in Qty owned tab

That’s where the same descriptions of Sales and Purchase Invoices should be displayed.

As we are entering the descriptions on our Sales and Purchase Invoices to track the License serial numbers, this helps us to search the serial number in the search bar and we can see the exact purchase and sales date in the Qty owned tab

1 Like

Hi @lubos
Any update on the Description column in Qty owned tab?

Thanks!

No update at this time.

any update on our this Requirements?

I agree, with minimum reached you should be warned in a bright colour. Maybe red bold.

@Sarika the latest version will show description column but the description is what is on line item, it’s not description of overall transaction. This will be rectified in future so both descriptions are shown.

@AaiRIz for this, Manager would have to take into account unfulfilled orders so it doesn’t alert you on items low in stock already ordered (so you don’t order twice). Currently, Manager doesn’t track fulfillment of orders thus low stock alert cannot be implemented well.

2 Likes

Thank you @lubos
This will be more than enough :slight_smile:
Kindly update on the release on the latest version for me to update Manager.