[17.6.10] More clarity under Inventory Items tab

Here is how I see this… I want users to be rewarded by entering data into Manager to get more insight into their business. And this reward is only possible if certain rules are enforced. For example, to track items yet to be delivered or to track delivered uninvoiced items, Manager needs to assume you are entering all delivery notes. If you are cherry-picking which delivery notes to issue, then Manager cannot possibly tell what items have been delivered. In that case delivery notes are just glorified document generator rather than something more.

I want delivery notes to be something more, something significant which carries a weight in the system. Not just a repository of generated documents where the only usefulness is being able to print them.

You have basically two options, disable Delivery Notes tab and you won’t need to issue them. Or enable Delivery Notes tab and issue them all. There is no middle ground.

What if you want a middle ground? You can’t use Delivery Notes tab. That doesn’t mean you can’t print delivery notes out of Manager.

You could create a template called Delivery Note so when you view invoice and you want it to be printed as delivery note, just switch the template so it looks like a delivery note and print it. Done.

So @Sarika and @sharpdrivetek, you need to decide whether you want to use Delivery Notes tab at all. If you don’t want to track deliveries, don’t use delivery notes. Use custom template to make an invoice look like delivery note.

3 Likes