[16.5.6] Merged bank accounts into cash accounts tabs

I find it easier to sort when you have different sort of accounts in different banks… like Debit & Savings in Bank A, Debit & Savings in Bank B, Credit in Bank C, etc…

I have over a dozen different types of cash accounts, (transaction, savings, credit cards etc) and each starts with the bank name then the account type, also, because Manager lists them alphabetically I then prefix them with a number so that the most used bank is grouped at the top with their accounts in preference order.

01 XYZ Transaction
02 XYZ Overdraft
03 MNO Savings
04 ABC Credit Card

2 Likes

@timl206, in the latest version (16.5.20), you can create custom fields on cash accounts. Go to Settings tab, then Custom Fields and create custom field(s) under Cash Account heading.

Well, in our situation, i have some emploees tha thave access to cash accounts (they collect money) and they don’t have access to the bank accounts. They have a cash account each. When they deliver the collections, we are doing a transfer from each account to the main cass account, and finaly if i do a deposit in the banks (several), the amount is going there.

Why should they know what is happening to my bank anyway?

Is it possible to hide the bank accounts from certain manager accounts?

1 Like

This feature has been already implemented

When you are setting up user permissions, after you check Cash Accounts option, you will be able to select which accounts user can access.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Can restricted accounts transfer money to a restricted account? (its a logical yes but let’s be sure.

Actually no, they can’t. The reason is so they don’t mess up account balances (or bank reconciliation) for cash accounts they can’t see anyway.

They can make transfers only between cash accounts they have access to.

Excellent. So transfers into accounts they don’t have access to will be done by officers having access. This is a massive control feature.

So, an emploee that has to clear an unpaid invoice, that’s been paid to the bank (lets say that the customer sended the receipt via email), cannot do that payment, unless he or she has access to that particular bank account?

@AntonisV, that’s how current implementation works. I think it’s how it should be. If you imply employee cannot see some bank account, they shouldn’t be posting any payments or deposit transactions into this bank account.

If you want this employee be able to process bank deposits, I guess the best way would be to physically open new bank account just for this purpose. Then in Manager, employees could have access to this bank account as it would only contain deposits from customers.

Exactly, so like @lubos said, create a temporal customer deposit account for the user or users where they will receive. The senior officer will then edit the transactions seen in that account periodically to zero it out, re-posting them. The user will just have to enter details with regards to the bank account the funds were received in to help the re-poster complete the transaction.

Actually I didn’t mean to create “workaround” account, I meant to open physically new bank account in the bank which employees could have access to in Manager. Of course, dummy bank account is also an option but I don’t like workarounds.

Hey Lubos,

is it possible to change the decimals in the cash accounts to more than 2? Since bitcoins is impossible to work with just 2 decimals… in the older version my bitcoin wallet was always with more than 2 decimals but it somehow changed with the new update

Good point. The latest version is fixing this issue.

Going for the Dumy account asap. Here is Greece, it’s too compicated to open a business account this times. Thanks for the input.

I like this update on the grounds that it removes a tab from the left hand side and fixes issues that I was not even aware of such as searching all bank accounts for a transaction! Well done.

I have simply edited my bank account names to include the institution, but I do agree with others - I don’t see the logic in removing the name of the institution column. But otherwise, reading through the comments here I see how the cash account works very well. Thank you.

@dalacor, you can create custom fields and show them as columns under Cash Accounts tab.

HI @lubos I am aware that you can create a custom as I read the whole thread. The point I was making is that it is pretty likely that everyone will want to have the name of the institution, so I cannot see the reason for the removal of that column given that its a column I imagine everyone would have actually used.

As I only have two accounts it doesn’t bother me, but I just thought that I would point that out.

@lubos is it possible to enable show custom field as a column for Payment and Receipt costume fields? I have requested for this before but didn’t get it. I want to display cheque numbers among the columns.

Just updated. I think this way is better. One tab less.:smiley: