Inventory is now available

Create a purchase invoice

This is well appreciated. Good job.

How to create inventory stock record?

@sudinstha31 I don’t recommend using inventory in Manager yet. It works but there is a lot more functionality coming in a few days that will make inventory more complete.

1 Like

ahad… opening balance hasnt been implemented yet. lubos said it above in “whats next”. creating purchase invoice might be ok temporary fix. but for me, i tested with one item that i have some of and it’s showing an outstanding purchase which has actually been paid long ago (prior to me starting to use manager for my accounts).
sit tight and wait for opening balance to be implemented first i say =)

is inventory available in the sever edition? and if so how do I obtain an update.

Regarding server edition, install the latest version the same way you have installed it first time from Guides | Manager

I am using the Windows version and when I click on the Settings and General Settings - there is no Inventory Items to check. Please advise

Also, when I click on the Manager website, the version available is 14.2.16

I have re-downloaded the program and the Inventory tabs is now available. Thank you very much for adding this feature for us.

hi lubos. i set some inventory items and then set opening balances. i found the total of all inventory items on hand in the summary page and had a look at the list by clicking on the $ value. i couldnt tell what each item was as it was just listed as “opening balance”. so as i clicked on an item. it had a blank name field and the account type was “income”. so i named it hoping to be able to see this name on the list… BUT… now my inventory item disapeared and has also been deducted from the total. i cant find it anywhere.
so i went on, resetting this missing item up again and setting up more items. i updated an invoice using the inventory module. so far so good… its great! when i clicked on suspense account to set the income account… THERE was my missing inventory items sitting at the top of the drop down above the income accounts under a “0” header.

how do i remove these now from here? or replace them back in the inventory where they were meant to be?

When you clicked on an item to Edit it and you saw blank name field and account type Income, that was a bug. You should have seen your inventory item form where you have entered opening balance. You saw blank general ledger account screen instead.

So here is what you need to do to fix up your data due to this bug:

1. Go to Chart of Accounts and delete income account that carries name of your inventory item
  2. Re-create that inventory item again under Inventory Items
  3. Go to each invoice where you have used this inventory item and select it again.

I fixed this bug in the latest version (14.2.17) so it doesn’t happen to anyone else anymore but you still need to do those steps above.

Also, what about this “0” header? You shouldn’t see any “0” header anywhere. Where exactly do you see it?

Hi Lubos, please see my comment above (5 days ago). Specific to point 2 and 3, is it by design that it works that way?

1. I went to chart of accounts but the income account with my item name isnt there. so i still cant delete it.
  2. done
  3. done

“0” header… in a sales invoice when using the drop down to select the income/expense account. that’s the only place i can see it (and the miss-placed inventory items)

Just wondering also, why does inventory item sale reflect in expenses as if I have also purchased the item when in fact I have only sold an item?

1.) Transaction history for inventory item will be implemented
2.) I’ll review this. I thought it was consistent.
3.) I guess if invoice item doesn’t contain any description, it can simply put there its name so description field will always contain something
4.) I think this can be done
5.) This will be done

Thanks Lubos for the reply.

I’m sorry for asking too much and too many questions

Is there a way of recording wasted inventory? For example if something is broken? It would be nice if we could create waste reports, with an option to put in a description of what happened.

User guide is being prepared which deals with this scenario as well.

The way how you do it is that first you need some expense account for this such as Loss of inventory. You should create this expense account under your Chart of Accounts

Then let’s say you want to write-off quantity 5 in one item XYZ with book value of $1,000.

Go to Journal Entries tab and create new journal entry

Debit account “Loss of inventory” with $1,000
Credit account “Inventory on hand : item XYZ” with $1,000 (set quantity field to “5” as well)

There is an option to create sale items and also purchase item. Can we get any report on these sorted on these item codes