Workflow with check

I think @Jici has a valid point here. I have discussed multiple times that many people might need to issue receipts and payments on the spot for cash and cheques but they still have many many other transactions like transfers which are not entered manually. Why do you have to force the user to benefit from “either this or that” when in fact you can benefit from both? I can’t understand your logic here.

The poi, when you have standing instructions or cheques, manager forces you to either match the bank figures (which can get you in serious trouble when you issue cheques since you don’t keep track of your book balance) or alternatively, waste the majority of your life enetering things manually (the old school way).

A possible solution is to import bank statements as their own thing (not as receipts and payments) and then match the entries of bank statements to receipts and payments (preferably merge inter accounts transfers or preferably drop inter accounts transfer entirely in favor of a single receipts and payments tab.) using a proper matching table. It would also help if Manager supported a separate bank reference field natively which it can use to detect any matches between the bank statements and receipts and payments to avoid duplication.

https://forum.manager.io/t/bank-reconciliation-alternative-work-flow/28768

Manager has many advantages that makes it superior to other software, but not always, mainly due to the lacking matching and reconciliation capabilities (save for invoices>receipts and Dr/Cr notes>invoices). The current cross referencing is insufficient in many cases.

My friend @d3mad has made posts in a similar spirit.
https://forum.manager.io/t/request-more-linkable-items/23828

I know I took a different position with d3mad’s post but I am wiser now and I can understand his situation much better :sweat:

Personally I like to implement manager on all my clients but I am not able to mostly due to the lacking matching. I am forced to use manager in combination with other software. It would be really nice if someday I can get all my clients onto manager.