Why do the costs on a journal entry show in the net sales column?

Firstly, Manager is currently fully compliant with the Australian GST Tax Act with regards to the reporting of GST Sales and GST Purchases.

Secondly, Manager has always had a policy of requiring OFFICAL documentation to support any taxation programme changes. Therefore @Patch, and this is the third request, if you believe that Manager isn’t compliant with regards to the GST reporting can you PLEASE provide that OFFICIAL documentation to support your position.

For myself, I am not going to be holding my breath as I know such documentation doesn’t exist.
In fact, the graphical charts within the OFFICIAL documentation, supports Manager as it stands.

Even three of the world’s largest financial organisations, Amex, Mastercard & Visa don’t support @patch’s contention that returns / refunds are negative purchases. On your statement the total purchases are exactly that - your total purchases, not your NETT purchases. Any returns / refunds are always included as part of the receipts total - which is the exact same process that Manager currently uses.

This pedantic fixation that somehow Manager needs to change so that one can reconcile P&L Sales / Purchases with reportable GST Sales / Purchases seems to be a crusade by only one user. It is definitely not a requirement of the tax office.

Can I suggest that Manager has far greater feature enhancements to be focussed on rather then tinkling with perfectly working and unbroken components.