What happen to flat rate taxes?

Was reading discussion around Swiss VAT as I had the same need. What happen to flat rate in latest versions (using 23.11.29.1184) ? Was it replaced by some other feature ?

Seems all pointers mentioned in this thread also disappeared. Attempted to sort out through release notes but historic starts in June 2022 probably after feature was removed from product.

Thanks for clarification and this great software proposed to the community.

Well, in fact I could almost do what is needed with the multiple rate feature.

Unfortunately as one can see in this example the customer invoice does not behave identically for the multi vs simple tax rate. The simple rate is the visual behavior I would expect.

REM: Still behave the same with latest 23.12.6.1214

First of all there’s little use to refer to a 9-year-old thread. It’s also recommended to read the corresponding guide, in this case this one and it’s way better to include a screenshot of the edit page to clarify the problem, in this case the edit page of the tax rate(s) you’ve created.

Yes, as often happens, URLs change. But new links are scattered all over. In the desktop edition, the Support tab includes a link to the new Guides, which have the link to the old ones. The website also has a link. Sometimes its better to start at the top rather than the bottom.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response. I had only set a label and not a name on one of the lines, and this was causing the issue.

It seems that the label should probably be hidden in the configuration when working with multiple rates.

However, I am uncertain if I would have figured this out intuitively, especially without referring to the very specific section in the user manual, which I missed initially due to the two steps required to access it. Your assistance was tremendously valuable.

That is why the Guide is so specific and includes a complete, illustrated example. Flat rate tax schemes are not common, and their implementation is not intuitive.

1 Like