VAT Return Form for Saudi Arabia

abdulbari,
Manager system is compatible for the saudi VAT. what i am discussing is the Report.
The system has as 0, 100 and custom.

you can choose from tax codes 0% for where no tax - name it as OFS or whatever we want. And choose custom for 5%.
you will also come across of 100% which is not possibly documented in Tax system manual. These are like when you get any invoice (like custom bayan ) with a already calculated value, then you cannot put this in 5% tax, as your accounting and reports will become wrong. these items have to captured in Manager system as 100% TAX.

So, no need of any tax codes to propose new. lets get the Report now.

@ismail, as per the report, you need new tax codes…

• VAT Export
  • VAT on Import
  • VAT on Import (reverse charged)

These 3 tax codes would cover fields 4, 8 and 9

1 Like

@ismail

can you give explain VAT for Bayan Copy when we use 100% tax code. are we able to but the Customs VAT amount. for the mean time we are doing this by to achieve this I have Created customs vat Customs VAT5% and Import VAT 0%

1. using Customs Vat 5% Dr GL AC
  2. using Import VAT0% CR GL AC for same amount to reverse the amount and keep only the VAT Customs Amount

The latest version (19.5.63) contains VAT Return Form for Saudi Arabia.

If you don’t see this report or need new tax codes (e.g. VAT on Imports), have a look at this guide: Add localized settings and features | Manager

It doesn’t support fields 2 and 9 yet. How do these fields work?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t box 9 take the sales totals from the Tax Transactions report for RCM entries as explained by Reverse charge VAT (Value Added Tax) | Manager?

This is Great @lubos and to get this on prompt. hats off.
about point 2 , only if anybody deal in that sector tells us. or it could be just a different tax treatment which to capture by a specific tax%. if i find a clue il post it here.
about point 9, if my understanding is right, RCM will not apply practically if pass through customs, because if a VAT country exporting to another VAT country, seller will not pay VAT, because the VAT will be paid in customs at import country.
For those sales not going through customs, May be Seller to workout some documentations with foreign affairs to prove that export is to VAT country. Or if seller pay it, then buyer dont pay it too as it does not pass through customs, only need to show it in the report its treatment.
so, just add one more tax code with a indicator as ‘RCM’, so this will be treated same as normal VAT paid and come in the field8, And also summerize these ‘RCM’ lines to get in field 9. (then is get adjusted).

So, the new VAT Report is the ‘VAT Return Form’ in summary mode. But there is a VAT Transaction Report to submit. This is well the same existing TAX Transaction report. which presents summary of each transaction (each sales or purchase), what is needed is to display the TAXID /VAT ID of these sale or purchase.

The issue i had pointed out earlier is, the tax transaction report displays the summary amount of the one expense claim bill submitted at end of month, but the parties (supplier) involved are different. So, i think the option is to bring a seperate TAX Transaction report for the expense claims which to display the lines of the expense claim

@abdulbari, i think better way is like this. and no need to pass journal DR and CR.
look at my screen shots for value 222, this is actually the VAT amount.

example lets consider we have a customs(bayan) paper with value for (i) customs as 225 and (ii) VAT 222. when paid you will capture the customs 225 in the account head ‘inventory customs’ as cost of goods sold.
For the VAT, it is not 5% here it is full 222 (which is 5% of total import value calculated), so i created a a tax code with 100%, Capture this under account head ‘Tax Payable’ as Liability.

it will be more helpful to know how the each field calculated.

@lubos

in the VAT Return Form we have Item No 14 can we have empty box where we can put adjusted amounts for previous periods which will result in adding or deducting from item no 13

Thanks for adding the VAT Return to the system

can you please evaluate if this correct or it should be corrected. I have used Import VAT for one entry as per below the VAT Amount is SAR100 the purchase value should be SAR2000. in the VAT Return the Purchase Value is not = to SAR2000 as per below snip.

@abdulbari, you will notice that all adjustment, credit, and correction boxes on the KSA form are missing from Manager’s form. That is because Manager has no transaction data to use to calculate such fields. The form is not meant to be submitted, but to supply information so you can complete the KSA form. If you need to make adjustments that are not in your accounting records, only you know what those might be. Manager has no access to your past filings.

1 Like

@Tut can you please assist on edited second part. it might be I didn’t understand how the import VAT caculated

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the report except what it looks like. I suggest you try it in a test company with one entry at a time to see the results.

Dear @lubos can you please assist on below. VAT import calculation how it is calculated.

VAT Return Form for Saudi Arabia - #30 by abdulbari

@abdulbari the latest version (19.5.75) should fix VAT on import issue.

2 Likes

@ismail how does VAT Transaction Report which you need to submit look like?

1 Like

@lubos
This is almost the same as the Tax Transactions Report in the Manager system now.
these are the issues to fix

1. For the sales, purchase, payments of normal business, the existing TAx Transaction report is perfect with the single summary of amount. But VATID of buyer or seller (which is captured in the business identifier) have to be displayed in Report.

2. The main issue - expense claim bill expected to have more than one TAX/VAT transactions, (employee record all his expneses met in the month at end of month), So the existing Tax Transaction report displays the sum total of all such expenses as one single VAT amount but the service provider/suppliers are different.
    Employee enters the invoice no and VATID of each transaction in the line items of the expense claim . - so this need to be displayed in the TAX Transaction. May be you can bring one more TAX transaction report that deal with expense claims only.

@lubos, please can we see the Tax Transactions Reports on Expense claim line items.

@ismail, can you please clarify what you mean? Expense claims allow you to apply tax codes just like other transactions. What do you think you should see that you don’t? In other words, why do you think expense claims are different from sales invoices or purchase invoices?

You may be referring to the result of expense claims not being tied to supplier ledgers. That is because the transaction was not with a supplier, but with an expense claims payer.

Please see this example ,this expense claim ref "440032032",

Wheras the exisiting Tax Report gives like below
as both transaction combined to one total amount in the report, (the last line same Reference - 440032032)

And finally

Purchase and Sale invoices are treated perfect in Tax Report as each transaction( either a sale or a purchase ) is irresepective of their line items, just the total sum is enough because all the line items are pertains to one outside party (one VAT supplier/service provider) .

Summary
Expense claim = possibility of having more lines (more suppliers) means more than one supplier VAT-ID. ->so it is necessary to display document reference number ( this reference will repeat if there is more than one VAT supplier) and each line item with its supplier VAT/TAX-ID.
Sale Invoice = whatever be the number of lines, all pertains to only one supplier. ->so it is enough to display docuement reference and supplire VAT/TAX-ID