VAT adjustment

I am unable to pay / adjust VAT. We have a Sales Tax Credit Account for Sales Tax we pay on import / purchase of goods (inventory). The amount of VAT is reflected in Taxpayable account but I am unable to pay. Can someone please help me?

What do you mean by “unable to pay” ?

Describe the steps you take with a copy of the screens

the first step to creating tax codes is creating the tax liability account.
if you are using the in-built default Tax payable account, you cannot post a payment to it.
so create a custom tax liability account and set your tax codes to this account.
read the guide below.
https://www.manager.io/guides/8901

I can replicate this and think it is a bug, using Manager v21.11.20 Server Ubuntu 20.04. When trying to pay the tax authorities using New Payment, you can not select the created VAT account (tax payable) setup properly under Liabilities where the VAT amounts properly accumulated. You can thus not select this account anymore to make the payment. Try yourself.

i cannot replicate the issue. 21.11.20 Windows 10 x64
make sure you had created a custom liability account for your tax codes and not renamed the in-built default account.

The guide is not very clear on this - that you HAVE to setup an account if you want to make payments from or to the Tax Payable account

I can make the payment when selecting other in the to box. If keeping to empty then it will not allow the VAT account to be selected.

i do not know why, but i can select my tax control account irrespective of my Payee selection.