Tree View for the left pane?

1 Like

Yes. Thanks.

I don’t think having to scroll through the entry grid is the problem here, it is getting back to the save and discard buttons.

Why is it not a problem? Because you can just cycle through the whole entry grid using tab and shift+tab with no problem.

I agree with you that right/left scrolling is not a characteristic of a good website, in fact not even the worst website has this.

HOWEVER, manager is not just a website, it is an accounting package (a very good one BTW) and all good accounting software (unlike quickbooks) find an advantage of keeping the entries in grid form regardless of whether you have to scroll right or left. I have used IFS, which imho is the best ERP ever (it must be, otherwise there will not be a business case to pay $300k+ for its basic package) and there you have to scroll left to righr for the grid; same story with SAP, Oracle and MS Dynamics which are the top dogs in the field.

You can make other solutions like overflowing text within fields to make their boxes smaller like odoo, but i do not think this is necessary. I have no problem with scrolling through the entry form if I can cycle through it using tabs and have the save, discard, nav buttons and menus FIXED in place.

With respect to comparison with quickbooks, I think quickbooks can learn a lots from manager in many respects escpecially in simplicity and function over form and not the other way around because Manager IO is simply a far more superior system.

I dont care about how it looks as long as it does the correct job which it does. I find it easy to navigate I dont have to scroll left or right . @compuit I had forgot about the just show icons thanks. I teach xero,myob,quickbooks etc but manager is the easiest one to teach

2 Likes