Tax Invoice Doubling Up on GST - Problem

This morning I noticed a problem with tax invoice doubling up on the GST in the invoice. The inventory items are set up with GST 10% included and this has always resulted in the correct figure … until this morning.

I’ve been using manager for well over a year and I’m very comfortable with it. I have not changed any settings so I am assuming we have a transitory glitch of some sort. perhaps a small upgrade came through last night, because I did not notice any issues in invoices I raised for customers yesterday. Before you ask - yes, I checked on them this morning - they are OK. It is just tax invoices for today.

How did you determine sales invoice is doubling up on GST?

Hi Lubos

Ta for getting back to me.

I think the best way is for me to show you two recent tax invoices with the same items but 2 different amounts. In invoice 2605 the tax/sales invoice correctly shows total of $153.75. This is made up of $140 for the item sold ($140 includes GST) plus P&H of $13.75 (this figure also includes GST).

In today’s invoice 2609 for exactly the same item the tax/sales invoice seems to calculate GST on $153.75 (ie $15.38) and adds it to the invoice so the total becomes $169.13. The correctly calculated amounts, as per invoice 2605 are Total $153.75 with GST of $13.98.

I have just noticed other differences between the invoices in terminology which I think backs up my original theory. Correct invoice 2605 shows TOTAL for $153.75 and below that INCLUDES GST 10% vs invoice 2609 showing SUBTOTAL for $153.75 and where GST figure is displayed this says GST 10%. The change in terminology is a give away.

As I said, I hadn’t noticed that before. When I generated the invoice this morning I knew it was wrong as I was used to the right amount - I just had not had my morning coffee to get the brain cells firing.

Any thoughts on what I might do to correct it - or is it a global thing?

I’ve edited out customer info in invoices attached for privacy reasons.

Hope you can help.

PS In this case the customer has already paid by Paypal, so I don’t need to bill him, but he will want a tax invoice for his next BAS.

Yep. Thanks I get all that.

It’s just that I haven’t changed anything. I’ve had all my settings exactly as they were for many months (years?). Yesterday invoices were right today they are not.

Probably should have said I set my invoices up as tax inclusive and that’s the way they have always come through. I can’t see any changes in settings, even though I made no changes to them.

Mia culpa.

While I’m still sure I did not change any setting this morning, I did see the tax inclusive tick box was unticked. I have ticked it and all is good.

So go back to solving real problems and improving an already great system.

Sorry, if my lack of caffeine has caused grief.

cheers

Col