Suggestion for improving user permissions

Great

Nice discussion.

To add my bit to it as everyone has looked into specific activity tabs … I would like to have a “create” and/or “update” option for the “Reports” tab.

Right now, I have given all the managers view access for the “Summary” and “Reports” tab only with all other tabs hidden away. The problem I have is that for example I set up a P&L Report for the period ending “!2 JULY 2018” and my manager wants to check the P&L report after 5 days and needs to know the status as on date, it is not possible as he can edit and change the date for the reporting period but cannot “update” the report as the report is inaccessible.

For now therefore, under each category of reports, I have to go section by section, report by report and create n number of reports for example … report for the period ending July, report for the period ending August and so on! … which really is a nightmare!

I could give these managers the edit, update and view access but managers being managers could just go in clicking and possibly messing around with live data!

I hope I have been able to communicate my problem.

2 Likes

I think this issue will be fixed as a side-effect of what I’m currently working on.

If you give Managers access to reports only, they will be able to create and modify reports but they won’t be able to edit individual transactions as those are under tabs they won’t have access to.

@lubos, thanks for paying attention and keeping us informed of on-going development/upgrading. But, perhaps, you missed my suggestion about the user permission having only “create” permission of say “Sales Invoice” tab not the “view” permission with it. The idea (purpose) is to hidie all previous transaction from his views (privy eyes).

In this case as I suggested in my previous request as below, please let me know if you are considering this option / feature.

6d
@Abeiku & @lubos The user suggestion I made can be done with little changes in the software. My suggestion is intended to work this way, please take a look. Supposing, I gave the permission to user to make only “SALES INVOICE”, the screen/page he may go to would be in the below scenario

First, he click the Sales Invoice Tab then he can see just this page
imageimage.png944x326 5.25 KB
Clicking on the New Sales Invoice, he should get this page
imageimage.png1231x481 12.7 KB
After required input, the user will click “CREATE” then he will get this page/screen
imageimage.png834x522 16.8 KB
The user can only use the highlighted tab, the rest (crossed) tab is dormant for him.

Once he has finished, he can click “back”, then he gets (comes back) to the starting screen as below:

imageimage.png957x357 5.43 KB
I just hope I am clear. Further, I sincerely hope that @lubos will seriously consider about this improvement

Thanks

@lubos, please disregard my previous reply, consider the below corrected reply.

thanks for paying attention and keeping us informed of on-going development/upgrading. But, perhaps, you missed my suggestion about the user permission having only “create” permission of say “Sales Invoice” tab not the “view” permission with it. The idea (purpose) is to hidie all previous transaction from his views (privy eyes).

In this case as I suggested in my previous request as below, please let me know if you are considering this option / feature.

The user suggestion I made can be done with little changes in the software. My suggestion is intended to work this way, please take a look. Supposing, I gave the permission to user to make only “SALES INVOICE”, the screen/page he may go to would be in the below scenario

First, he click the Sales Invoice Tab then he can see just this page

Clicking on the New Sales Invoice, he should get this page

After required input, the user will click “CREATE” then he will get this page/screen

The user can only use the highlighted tab, the rest (crossed) tab is dormant for him.

Once he has finished, he can click “back”, then he gets (comes back) to the starting screen as below:

I just hope I am clear. Further, I sincerely hope that @lubos will seriously consider about this improvement

Thanks

I think you have to make a strong case for a feature like that, because i personally think everyone who issues sales invoice should see all sales invoices.

Dear Sir, what you mentioned is generally true but please bear in mind that I am talking about only Create as user permission. I would like to ask you a question as to why a user with just “CREATE” permission should need/able to see all the invoices? If we do need to allocate “VIEW” permission too then there is also the option to choose “VIEW, CREATE”, right? This would allow him both create & view option per your suggestion. Here, what I’m talking about is just the "CREATE feature, please note. The purpose is to let the user just create the invoice and view the created Invoice not the whole history (with option to take print out) whom I don’t want (or feel necessary) for him to view the entire SALES of my company which, usually, we prefer to keep the total sales size confidential from lower rank employees.

Hope my request will now make sense by my above explanation.

@sonicgroup it is for @lubos to decide. Honestly having the option to do that wouldn’t be bad. So let us keep our fingers crossed and patiently wait for him to finish.

He has also talked about introducing some ownership concept in the future where users can be set to see only the documents they have created, I think that would be helpful to you.

@Abeiku… Thanks for your positive comments. However, kindly support me for my idea of CREATE option to do exactly what I have suggested. The concern you expressed for the user being able to both create & view can be available by VIEW, CREATE permission.

Have a nice day.

I think taking out the crone function as shown in the image will be a great disadvantage. The crone is used to make the creation of a similar invoice to save time so there is no need to take it out.

I am resurrecting this topic again, user permissions are still work in progress am sure, but can we have some information on when loopholes will be plugged. I think having a grid where actions can be set per tab will be ideal. Currently, there is no limitation on the P&L and B/S accounts that a restricted user can access.

@lubos kindly update us on this. Thank you.

1 Like

Right with you @Daniel_Arthur. Have been anxiously waiting for the user permissions update

I’m removing this topic from ideas because the original issue which this topic has raised has been fixed some time ago.

@lubos how are you going to keep track of the idea to extend the user permission system to the Tab Level ?

I forgot about the second part of the first post. I will leave it in ideas then even though the first half has been resolved.

1 Like

Great :+1:

Added to the latest version (21.2.7). It is now possible to set user permissions per individual tabs, reports and settings.

7 Likes

Thanks.

Super addition :heart::heart:

Thanks that’s great :+1:t6: