Sequential numbering

Hello, i have a question on sequential numbering of documents within the system, i could have missed it but do we have any controls that can be turned on to avoid the using of one document number on more than one transaction? Lets say am capturing purchase invoices and for some reason i forget to mark a document physically as captured and then i try to capture it again the second time in manager, can the system be set to give me an alert in such circumstances?

1 Like

i believe this was discussed many times on the forum.

anyway let me give you two situations.

1. you have two suppliers and they have their own serial numbers for their invoices.
    the first supplier issues an invoice number 505 and the other supplier also issues an invoice number 505.
  2. you have one supplier who resets their invoice numbering every financial year. so they issue you an invoice number 505 and the next financial year they issue another invoice number 505.

in both the above case would not the user be annoyed if Manager keeps showing a warning of duplicate entry or prevents from making an entry.

you can always click any heading on the list and sort according to date or reference numbers and check for duplicate entries manually.