Revaluation of property, plant and equipment assets and their impairment

It would be very appropriate for manager to offer in its fixed assets module a friendly way so that many of the users here can work on the effects of the revaluation of property, plant and equipment assets. It must be taken into account that the revalued amount also depreciates. And there is a special account in equity for revaluation purposes that must be adjusted as depreciation is recorded. I invite developers to read IAS 16 for these purposes.

It also becomes necessary that in the property, plant and equipment auxiliaries there is a column to reflect the impairment of property, plant and equipment assets. Currently, only basic columns such as acquisition cost and accumulated depreciation are visible, however, additional columns such as:

Revaluation amount.
Revaluation Depreciation
Impairment of value (IAS 36).

These are features that add value to the IT solution so that it adapts to the current needs of users, and I include myself among those.

Not sure what you talk about. We have been using fixed assets for many businesses and it works as expected and more importantly have been audited and cleared by authorities in several jurisdictions (i.e countries)

I urge you to read IAS 16 and IAS 36. There are the answers to your questions.

1 Like